Potable battery recharger APC UPB10 "Huge gains in playtime" with ZEN
Jun 9, 2009 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ajai_dev

New Head-Fier
As i was almost prepared to buy a new sony player i had saved up some cash. But it turned out that the A7xx had no discount options and so i post phoned my purchase and bought a APC UPB10 for use both with my ZEN and S9 and the experiance has beenn WOW.

The charger itself is very stable in terms of voltage "Used a multi meter to find out" I just bought it yesterday and the battery just did not die. The ZEN shows a plug symbol on the battery. Did not try it with my S9 till yet because well S9 does good battery wise it really does not need this.

Now to performance i watched a movie 2hrs long over the sd card in zen and there was no real difference to the battery have been listen to songs ever since been around 8hrs and the power indicator shows just a small drop.

Will update when i do 2nd and 3rd recharge, also will try rechargeing both my zen and s9 at the both time.

Now the bad things its huge, does not fit in the same cover as my zen or the s9. Its too flashy the LED power indicator is a bit too much on the eyes at night time. Who really need 2 usb ports i mean it just adds to the bulk. Its very fragile and glossy. Now after the 3rd or so recharge i am going to strip the outer case and try and reduce the overall size of the battery. Also i plan on stripping off the led power indicator and the extra usb port maybe add a direct mini usb connecter instead of the whole thing "I know then it will only charge the ZEN but i can live with that.

Has anyone taken it apart?? Anyone has any idea what is inside and how to shrink it???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back