Posts per page
May 6, 2010 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

John E Woven

500+ Head-Fier
Can we have more than 15 posts per page ? It takes forever to do anything with so few posts per page, since you have to click next so often. It also inturrupts your train of thought if you're reading through a huge thread. 

40 posts per page would be great.

May 6, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 7
I agree, having the choice of how many posts per page would be good.

Currently, I count 15 posts per page. 20 threads are shown on the "All New Posts" page.

I'm guessing that the site's metrics (number of clicks, number of page views etc.) are greater when posts per page are set to 15 as opposed to 20. So the site's metrics, and therefore site rankings and advertising rates, are affected by this feature.

So how about a compromise of sorts? Allow users to choose between 15, 20, or 25 posts per page, with default of 15. Many users are not going to bother changing the settings, so they'll remain at 15. Those of us who care about this will set it to 20 or 25, and we all pledge to visit Head-Fi 25% more often than before and click on one extra ad every three days. Would this be good enough?
smile.gif

May 6, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:

I'm guessing that the site's metrics (number of clicks, number of page views etc.) are greater when posts per page are set to 15 as opposed to 20. So the site's metrics, and therefore site rankings and advertising rates, are affected by this feature.

Good point!
biggrin.gif

If that's true then my guess would be that they're never gonna change it.

May 7, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #6 of 7
We do have slightly different numbers displaying in different locations around the site but as on our old platform, we're sticking with 15 posts per page for now. Adding in user preferences for number of posts per page is on our suggestion list for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back