Postperson Surprise! iBasso T1 Picture Tutorial
Mar 25, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Kramer,

what does the radioshack impedance adapter look like? I am aiming to be as portable as possible. and there isn't much room in my gigbag for a lot more..

np... I think its called a headphone volume attenuator. its a small 1/8" right angle TRS connector, mated to a small plastic blob with a volume knob via 2-3 inches of thin wire.

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #17 of 19
Great advice kramer! I ran (well not really) to my nearest radioshack and got the volume control extension cord. Hooked it up with my ep-630s, and the hiss is definitely gone! Saved me a lot of money because this hiss made me look at other amps with an impedance switch...Now I can wait a bit before upgradatitis hits me
smily_headphones1.gif

Just to clarify, my ksc75 and hd580 does not hiss at all. The KSC75 hisses if I set it to the loudest setting with this amp but I won't be listening on that level. 580s gave no hiss whatsoever..The problem was just with my very sensitive ep-630. YMMV

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
np... I think its called a headphone volume attenuator. its a small 1/8" right angle TRS connector, mated to a small plastic blob with a volume knob via 2-3 inches of thin wire.

Kramer you are a savior. the radioshack attenuator definitely helps...there is no crackle, no hiss, no static...pretty close to black silence. The noise on my um1s was really bad, but now, the amp is so controlled. with a good amount of bounce in bass.

I had a run-in with the Radioshack manager while I was there. I guess because I am a girl, he thought I had no idea what I was doing. Even though I don't have much head-fi experience, I at least had the seasoned advice of the likes of Kramer on my side. Anyway, he said IT's THE AMP, IT's the AMP! He also said,

"You have too much going on just for music"
"You have too much amp"
"You are going on a wild goose chase"
"These wireless Radioshack headphones have great frequency"
"You can't buy impedance adapters anywhere"

Me:
Well, I am going to get this anyway..I have friends who say this is something that may work...so I am going to try it...

Radioshack Manager:
"Well what do I know, I only have a degree in Electrical Engineering"

Anyway, I thought that was pretty funny, and I am glad he didn't talk me out of it. The amp works great now and I will keep testing it out tonight...!
580smile.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Radioshack Manager:
"Well what do I know, I only have a degree in Electrical Engineering"

He a degree in Electrical Engineering but he can only get a job as a manager at Radio Shack. Tells you something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back