Posthardcore/Screamo/Metalcore Discussion
May 25, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #16 of 26
Escape the Fate is another one I just heard that's fairly good.

I'm going through all the songs he uploaded from his iPod on my computer...so there's quite a bit. It's predominantly the kind of music he listens to, so I'm having to sift through alot of "Meh.." artists too...

May 26, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with alan g there are 2 other awesome bands that off shooted from Saetia are Hot Cross and City of Caterpillar.

Also these are 3 great bands within those genres.
Envy (great Japanese band)
Circle takes the Square
Thrice (post hardcore-experimental)

Wow really liking Thrice
biggrin.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
screamo= saetia portrait of past,orchid,page99 and hundreds more
alexisonfire are not screamo imo

hardcore= born against,hail mary
metalcore= carol,dawnbreed,autumn to ashes

Alexisonfire is post hardcore.

So, I'm listening to Saetia right now and so far they are really moving with their overall sound and screams and the drums are very pronounced. I don't like how he screams though. But, it's so intense sometimes....it's like wow...it's good. But other time's it make me cringe which may be what he's going for. I dunno. I'll have to take some more time to listen to them. I'm actually liking what I'm hearing right now. It's like they are so raw and pure. It's really crazy. I don't know if I like their sound so much but it's really enticing just how like...pure...it's odd.

I don't think Orchid is my cup of tea. But, I think I'll revisit Saetia later. I think I could really like them. I'm liking circle takes square.

From Autumn to Ashes is good. His scream is nice and deep. But not too deep to be real metal. I like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Escape the Fate is another one I just heard that's fairly good.

I'm going through all the songs he uploaded from his iPod on my computer...so there's quite a bit. It's predominantly the kind of music he listens to, so I'm having to sift through alot of "Meh.." artists too...

What Escape the Fate stuff are you listening to? Because Craig Mabbitt just took over as the lead singer for them in place of Ronnie. He got in some major ****, so they kicked him out. Craig Mabbitt is a really good screamer, and he's got an OK voice. You should listen to some Blessthefall if you want Escape the Fate with more screaming and a harder feel. He's got a new extremely Christian band but I forget the name of it.

Meh, I'm learning that a lot of the stuff I named or like isn't really emo, screamo, hardcore. That's why its post-hardcore. Got it. But, I do really like Saetia and Circle Takes Square. But, I don't think I like the true hardcore music :/ at least not Born Against or Limp Wrist. Thanks for all the suggestions. Oh well, different music for different people. I really don't want this thread to get into bashing of bands. Insightful criticisms are appreciated, and classifications are inevitable. But please be considerate that not everyone likes the same music. get so tired of all this fighting over music. Just enjoy it.
wink.gif

May 26, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #18 of 26
I just got back into a little metalcore/screamo/etc and have found a few bands I hadn't heard of that I've come to enjoy pretty thoroughly:

Apiary
A Girl, A Gun, A Ghost
Behind Crimson Eyes
Catherine
Death Before Dishonor
Found Dead Hanging
If Betrayed
Mortal Treason
She Killed Poetry
Stand Before the Firing Squad
Vanna
Harlots
A Day to Remember
12 Gauge Massacre

And of course there are the old standbys that I've had for years:

Bleeding Through
As I Lay Dying
Caliban
Dead Man in Reno
Dry Kill Logic
Soil
Soilwork
Trivium

I can get in the mood for metalcore sometimes when I need a break from the death, black, and grind metals.

Cheers!

May 26, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #19 of 26
I was quite a big underoath fan until I heard them live :X... +1 for All that Remains, and the first 3 Killswitch albums

May 26, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #21 of 26
A friend loaned me Trivium's Ascendency and In Flames' Come Clarity last night. I had heard Trivium before, definitely a fan. In Flames is new for me though, and from my understanding they are sort of in between Death Metal and Metalcore. Regardless, I've really enjoyed that cd.

Any recommendations for bands related to In Flames?

May 26, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #22 of 26
In Flames is more Melodic Death Metal than metalcore, specifically of the Gothenburg variety. I'd give Arch Enemy and Dark Tranquility a try if you like that kind of sound. Dark Tranquility is more straight up Gothenburg Melodic Death than Arch Enemy.

May 26, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #23 of 26
ah!!!! your user name reminded me of another cracking band

song of zarathustra

May 26, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #25 of 26
other good emo/screamo bands
current
indian summer
policy of 3
amber inn
shotmaker
constantine sankathi
all these bands are from the mid 90's

May 26, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Flames is more Melodic Death Metal than metalcore, specifically of the Gothenburg variety. I'd give Arch Enemy and Dark Tranquility a try if you like that kind of sound. Dark Tranquility is more straight up Gothenburg Melodic Death than Arch Enemy.

2nded

arch enemy, when i first heard her, yep her, check out the darkest desires thread

i quite like silverstein, bullet for my valentine, senses fail, funeral for a friend, bleeding through, still remains, atreyu, probs straying genre with some of those

i dont actually like too much screaming, and on a fair few of those i have to have the karaoke-style lyrics app up and running!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back