Post Your Ukulele Pic Here
Dec 10, 2007 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Laptopia

500+ Head-Fier
Any Uke players out there? The first step is admitting you have one.

It's a Koa wood Flea. I am in the process of procuring a Fluke.

(This probably belongs in the Gear-Fi forum--I've asked the mod to move it there.)

Dec 10, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #2 of 10
I'll step up:

Koahola standard pikkake soprano (ksm-10)

dscn0211.png

Risa Uke-solid concert

fscn0266.png

More fun than should be allowed, the Risa and a Roland Microcube:

fscn0297.png

Dec 10, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 10
Oh it's more fun than should be allowed.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think if you use google there are some US sellers of Risa ukes, but the main site is www.ukulele.de I think he has 6 string versions for you guitar people.

Now as for the Microcube, I just heard good thing about it over at ezfolk, and picked it up at a local shop after testing it out. You really can make those nylon strings sound like anything.

But there is a full-on electric version which will be mine one day.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm not sure if it'll be soprano or tenor. If it's soprano, then I'll get the tenor Fluke.

Guitar kicked my butt - however uke is fun. It's one of those instruments that's easy to play, but tough to play well. There's a local uke jam on Saturday here in Helsinki and hopefully I'll be able to make it.

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #5 of 10
I own and play a Lankai and eventually hope to a better one. Sorry no pics, I don't currently have a camera to use :/

Man that Jake Shimabukuro can play a mad uke.

Dec 10, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capital R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man that Jake Shimabukuro can play a mad uke.

I have to agree with you there. His rendition of My Guitar Gently Weeps is awesome. I'm amazed at what he can do on the ukelele.

Aug 26, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #10 of 10
Hi Robert....bumping this up.
Hey I grew up in Hawaii and first learned to play the uke as a kid...but then picked it up again in 2003.
Have a red Flea with rosewood fretboard and a classic Fluke...will have to set up some pictures. I love playing the uke despite my lack of skill. Someday will have to learn how to read music (a goal for when I retire in a couple years...I hope)...till then I strum along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back