POST YOUR PORTABLE/transPORTABLE RIG - HERE
Jan 15, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #46 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by udeupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, nice pic you have here.

One question,
Are you able to use those portable devices to drive those big cans?
It seems really hard to drive my K501...
I got Predator and X5L.

The LISA III will easily handle those cans. Its much more powerful then the typical portable amplifier. Its an amazing amp, definately a strong competitor against the Predator. I want to compare, you'll have to send me a private message to tell me how it matches with the UE11.

Next week, I will post my transportable setup.

Jan 15, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #48 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The LISA III will easily handle those cans. Its much more powerful then the typical portable amplifier. Its an amazing amp, definately a strong competitor against the Predator. I want to compare, you'll have to send me a private message to tell me how it matches with the UE11.

Next week, I will post my transportable setup.

Hmmm, nice!
Yeah, I really had some hard time try to drive K501.
Tomahawk is not powerful enough at all, the bass will broken when I turn the volume up. Predator is ok in certain volume, but it will eventually broken. When use DAC from computer, the sound won't broken, but the quality is not as nice as from X5L. I was thinking about to get a Merier Can...

I just got my Predator, haven't really tried it with ue11pro yet. I will let you know.
icon10.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #49 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Tadashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having herd the AKG K701's Denon D2000's and a few diffrent grado's the Lisa III can drive them with ease.

Yeah, but K701 has lower ohm and better sensitivity than K501, though. Anyone know if Lisa III can drive K501?
confused.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #51 of 183
Hi, Ken.

You saw my transPortable rig at CES in the Wadia suite with Jude. Here's pics of it.

Fujitsu P1610 with a HeadAmp Pico.

2134530202_9e0a6422c3.jpg

2134530248_4332cbb878.jpg

Not pictured is my UE Triple.Fi 10 Pro's that I use with this combo. And I use a cheap ass USB cable.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Jan 20, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #54 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, Ken.

You saw my transPortable rig at CES in the Wadia suite with Jude. Here's pics of it.

Fujitsu P1610 with a HeadAmp Pico.

2134530202_9e0a6422c3.jpg

2134530248_4332cbb878.jpg

Not pictured is my UE Triple.Fi 10 Pro's that I use with this combo. And I use a cheap ass USB cable.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Hey Ed,

Oh okay your Elwood...! It was nice to meet you. Next time I hope to have more time because I would of loved to hear that set up you have. Are you going to make it to the Fla meet?

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 21, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #57 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ed,

Oh okay your Elwood...! It was nice to meet you. Next time I hope to have more time because I would of loved to hear that set up you have. Are you going to make it to the Fla meet?

Ken

Yeah, I hope to make it to CanJam.

-Ed

Feb 3, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #59 of 183
Here are the pictures of my new Portable Rig. (Also Posted Here) It sounds really nice (and will only get better with time as the caps and amp burn in).
biggrin.gif

5.5G%20iMod%20Rig.JPG

Imod%20Rig%20Front.JPG
Imod%20Rig%20Back.JPG

ALO%20iMod%20Cryo%20Au-AG%20Cable.JPG
Rockboxxed%20iMod.JPG

Custom Wheel Coverz from iFrogs.com (image is copyrighted)

The rig consists of:
80gb RWA 5.5G iMod iPod Rockbox'd in a PowerSupportUSA Illusion Case and Custom Wheel Coverz from iFrogs.com (image is copyrighted);
ALO iMod Jumbo Cryo Au/Ag Line Out Dock Cable; Minibox E+; Shure e500s; and a custom iMod/Amplifier silicon band, with a set of Black Sumajin Sportwraps.

I bought the 5.5G iPod brand new in a sealed box from a really nice guy on eBay, who had several more (and I hooked up Ken (ALO) with him and Ken was able to get more iMods to sell...the NEW (not refurbished) White iMods he had available). Once again Vinnie was AWESOME and helped me out.

Ken made me a REALLY nice iMod LOD.
biggrin.gif

The theme is the Cabbie Default.

I may spring for a Samsung Hard Drive down the road as they are already maiking a 120GB drive and supposedly a 160Gb drive as well that can be rockbox'd according to the Rockbox website.

This replaces my 4G iMod rig (pictures of which you can find here:Original Posting - 11/26/2006 - Updated Posting - 02/06/2007) which I am keeping as a backup and maybe as a desktop rig or something.

Portability is so much better with the new rig (Its a lot lighter and less bulky) and makes for my commute on Metro North and in the City so much nicer.
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #60 of 183
Nice setup mang!

120GB Zif40 8MB has been out on the market for a bit; RB IRC provided a link somewhere stating that Samsung was not going to release the 160gb drives until after they released it in one of their own MP3 players first. I cannot confirm this, but I do have the 120GB Samsung which has yet to be installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back