Post your lala want/have lists here
Aug 13, 2007 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

calaf

1000+ Head-Fier
since quite a few headfiers are also members of www.lala.com, I think it would be nice if we posted a link to our public "karma" pages here to promote some trading among us. Let's start with my lala page (user name is calaf, just like here).

P.S.
To allow other members to browse your "Want list" you have to go to your account settings page, click "change" Profile Preferences, and select "Show my Want List to other members."

P.P.S.
I believe everyone can sign up for lala now, but if you want/need an invite feel free to PM me.

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 6
obviously less interest than I hoped for
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's give this thread a bump before it disappears into (well-deserved?) oblivion...

Aug 16, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 6
I've never heard of this and I can't access the site from work. What's lala?

Aug 16, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 6
lala is a CD trading web site. You list the CDs you have (or the ones you want to trade, that's up to you), and you populate a "Want List" of CDs you would like to get. You are entitled to get a CD in your "Want List" (assuming somebody is willing to ship it) for every CD you send from your "Have List". The CDs are sent in postage paid envelopes that lala periodically sends you. They charge you $1.75 (IIRC) per CD you receive.

Aug 16, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I used to love LaLa and praised it up and down. I have 183 trades. However, it has changed. Since the site redesign, I have not had a single request. I have been adding CD's to my Have list, but nothing is happening. I don't know what has changed. Maybe my 'karma' is not high enough.

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckacosta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to love LaLa and praised it up and down. I have 183 trades. However, it has changed. Since the site redesign, I have not had a single request.
I have been adding CD's to my Have list, but nothing is happening.

time to post a link to your Have list here then
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

I don't know what has changed. Maybe my 'karma' is not high enough.

I have had many dry spells, this is one of the reasons I started this thread. Funny thing is that then, all of a sudden, I trade five CDs in a day or two. Go figure how their matching algorithm works...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back