post your home theater pics
Jul 4, 2004 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

harkamus

500+ Head-Fier
I'd like to know what everyone has for HT.
-----------
Here's my set up.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

That is my HT set up. 117 inch diagonal screen. Projector is a Sony HS10. Sound system is 7.2.

Had to turn the lights on slightly so you could fully see how big this 117 inch diagonal screen is.

Resolution is 1366 x 780.

Speakers in the front are DIY with VIFA speakers. We built our own surround DIY speakers and woofers. The woofers(not pictured) are 15 inch Adire Tempest, of which we built two...powered by a 1500 watt Samson amp.

I should take a picture of the speakers and woofers up close. The woofers double as coffee tables. They are veneered and poly urethaned. They look better than my hard wood floors.

The only speakers we didn't buy were the side and rear channel which we bought from Wharfedale. The rest of the 7.2 system is home built. We're thinking of replacing the Wharfedales with DIY speakers too.

The wires and pulleys raise and lower the masking(I think that's the term they use for the border). We raise/lower it depending on the movie. Some 16:9(HDTV) isn't full screen on our 117 incher. Others are...just depends on the movie.

When we get unlazy, we'll make a mechanized version. This one is operated by hand.

EDIT: If you're wondering what's on the screen, it was a thread on the hardforum. ...some guy was boasting that he bought a 42 inch plasma. Pictured is his 17 inch LCD next to his widescreen 42. I said I could beat that(yes, I am gloating too).
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 17
Wow, from the picture it looks like one of those persian hand made rug that ussually goes for about $7,000. I`m not a expert on that subject tho..

Jul 4, 2004 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 17
Here you go:

flexi1.jpg

Jul 4, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #7 of 17
Not quite as big as yours, just a measly 92".

Jul 5, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #9 of 17
Axiom VP 150 center channel, and 4 M22tis. Also have a pair of M3tis that I may hook up at some point for 7.1.

Outlaw 950 Pre/Pro, Parasound HCA 2003 for L/C/R, Adcom 535 mk. II for surrounds, Mackie M1400i for the sub (not pictured), which is a Tempest in a 6.2 cu. ft. ported enclosure. POS Toshiba DVD player (I'll be using an HTPC), POS Sony LD, Cambridge D500SE cd player, Melos SHA-1, Panamax 1000+ surge protector/line conditioner. Cabling is mostly Outlaw Audio and Audioquest. Nintendo 64, Sony PS2, top loading 8 bit NES, Gamecube, and Dreamcast video game systems (and a Virtua Boy on top of the tv, between the remotes and some transformers boxes).

Projector is an Infocus X1.

Jul 5, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #10 of 17
h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

The screen size is about 3.9 metres, which is about 155 inches
the projector is a sony VW11HT, the Sound is 5.1.

Harkamus, does your projector have a vga or dvi imput? is that how you are connecting your computer?

Jul 5, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by dffman2001

Harkamus, does your projector have a vga or dvi imput? is that how you are connecting your computer?

It's got both, VGA and DVI.

Is that 155 inches measured diagonally?

Jul 5, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by harkamus
It's got both, VGA and DVI.

Is that 155 inches measured diagonally?

yes, the screen is 155 diagonally measured.

My projector doesnt have any of the vga or dvi inputs - i'm guessing its because the projector is a rather serious home theatre projector. The LCD panels inside are larger than most.

I like the way your room looks, its cleaner than mine. The room was built 12 years ago as a dedicated theatre, and at the time, the projectors that were available were of lower quality and had a smaller projection size. But we upgraded recently and thus the wall plug and the center channel somewhat get in the way.
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2004 at 5:45 AM Post #13 of 17
Must be fun to have a TV like that, when you watch a movie the peopel are acctually life size or bigger than you.

Jul 5, 2004 at 2:06 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by dffman2001
yes, the screen is 155 diagonally measured.

My projector doesnt have any of the vga or dvi inputs - i'm guessing its because the projector is a rather serious home theatre projector. The LCD panels inside are larger than most.

You beat me!
frown.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Are you saying my HS10 isn't serious?!
mad.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
WOOOW!!!

sychedeluc, mn!

Tha't s awemsomen!!!!!

I luv it!!!!