Post your dream car(s).
Jan 4, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #76 of 161
Omg, nice pictures here !
eek.gif

Foolproof-Jean

Jan 5, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #77 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
My realistic car is a late 60s VW Karmann Ghia, with a rotary transplant. Still undecided if it is to be a 2 or 3 rotor... or carb/fuelie, for that matter.

These are pictures of early 60s models. Actually, they're prettier than the later ones. However, they weren't 12v until '67, I believe. I suppose I could always convert it, though.

This little beauty will be a nice toy...

Should I ever require something capable of hauling more than two people, Imprezas are rather nice. Then, so are BMWs. Ah, imaginary money and dreams are so fun
biggrin.gif

You can go to www.oldbug.com or www.thesamba.com/vw if you want a vintage VW. Here is a pic to wet your appetite
biggrin.gif

21705%20069.jpg

Jan 5, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #78 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
You can go to www.oldbug.com or www.thesamba.com/vw if you want a vintage VW. Here is a pic to wet your appetite
biggrin.gif

Been to oldbug, I think. But not in awhile. Thanks for the sites.

I hit Books A Million after work tonight and was perusing their car magazines. They had about three VW magazines. All British, though - strange. But quite good, anyway. One had an absolutely gorgeous Cal-look Tan Ghia. The sucker was scraping the pavement, I swear. Very, very pretty. I think it had a 1970cc or such in it. Type 2 tranny, so it couldn't have been too terribly powerful.

I'm curious as to how well a Ghia can actually handle, though. My dad seems to remember (his friend had one, and he drove it a few times) they were quite good, but 30 year old memories can often put a gloss on things. I mean, if you put the effort into it - lowered it, upgraded suspension, tires, anti-roll bars, the works - could it hold it's own against today's modest sports cars? Say, a Boxster? This is also assuming it has the power to back it up, of course.

Jan 8, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #81 of 161
Apr 2, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #85 of 161
I'd like the Citroen SM, no doubt:

sm6.jpg

Or maybe a Renault Alpine A310 V6:

a310v6rateau02.jpg

Wouldn't mind a BMW 3.0 CS either:

ad_bavarian_cream.jpg

...and neither the BMW M1, of course:

m1_1.jpg

Surely wouldn't say no to a Mercedes 380/500/540K like this:

1933-Mercedes-Benz-380-side-1024x768.jpg

...or a Citroen 15CV like that:

CITROEN-15CV1938L.jpg

Oh, enough... *drool*

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 2, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #87 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
BMW 1600 BMW 2002 - My dad almost got me one of these a few years ago (before I could even drive lol) but an emergency came up and the money was spent.

I had a '68 1600 and a '73 2002. The 2002 had a two barrel Weber with mechanical advance on the secondary (replacing the original solex) into a header/Ansa free flow exhaust. Bilsteins at all four corners with a 7/8" antisway in neoprene bushings and +1 alloy wheels with Comp T/A rubber. Built as a GTI killer and it absolutely slaughtered them.
biggrin.gif
That was just a couple of years before BMWs became German Buicks . . .

Apr 2, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #89 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
I'd like the Citroen SM, no doubt:

sm6.jpg

There's a SM sitting here a couple miles away in a shed, it's been there for atleast the last 5 years. I pains me every time I drive by it. Someone should take the poor thing out of there and restore it. Awesome cars. You wouldn't expect it to have a Maserati motor in it if you see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back