Post Your Dorm Setups
Apr 17, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #166 of 211
Pick.jpg

I would show you my speakers... but it is surround....

May 1, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #167 of 211
Now that I finally stole my roomates camera (I don't own one unforunately), I can get the pics of my dorm room up that I promised a while ago.

The view from the door:

f_viewfromthem_c8977fc.jpg

I am NOT a headphone geek...

f_standgoodm_755cbba.jpg

I am also NOT a computer geek...

f_setupp1m_a58f282.jpg

Okay, maybe I'm a little bit of a computer geek. Just a little though, I swear!

f_keyboardm_938ace7.jpg

Yeah okay I lied. I'm a huge computer geek.

f_icanttakepim_2bc2b1e.jpg

This is impossible to hide when the girls come in the room. Defintely going with a shuttle next time!

f_pcm_d9c170d.jpg

2.5ghz Penryn/4gb 8800mhz ram/ 200gb 7200RPM HD and a 500GB second hard drive pre-ordered for the ultrabay

f_thinkpadm_9127d1b.jpg

The women's opinion:

f_biossm_92d711d.jpg

Battery power to run everything for years! Seriously though, with all of that stuff hooked up, the load meter is barely on the first LED. This thing weighs over 90lbs. You should have seen people's faces on move in day.

f_upsm_62c0ddc.jpg

And because I'm an elitist bitch, I stack Pellegrino bottles out of protest that kids around here drink and stack natty lite cans. That stuff is beyond disgusting.

f_betterthanbm_a7daa3d.jpg

Enjoy.

May 1, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #170 of 211
Don't complain, it's almost $3 (after pound to dollar conversion) per small bottle here
biggrin.gif
Ahh... the joys of living in the UK
wink.gif
Then again, I don't drive so what you spend on gas, I spend on water
tongue.gif

May 2, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #172 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that I finally stole my roomates camera (I don't own one unforunately), I can get the pics of my dorm room up that I promised a while ago.
Enjoy.

I see the [H], so I must ask: Why is your sub on your desk?
icon10.gif
Nice setup though

One of my roomates just finished reading My Grandfather's Son. He strongly recommended it

May 2, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #173 of 211
University of Maryland represent:

2458669688_15e28ac3fc.jpg

2457840665_08d068a587.jpg

2457840491_7006e55999.jpg

2457840257_cc8eac98a1.jpg

Powerbook g4 -> ALAC via itunes
Monica 2 USB DAC
Technics SL1200, AT440mla -> Hagerman Bugle
(only thing not pictured: Akai Reel to Reel and 35 pre-recorded tapes... trying to find room for it
smily_headphones1.gif

Promitheus Audio TVC
Custom 807 PP Triode amp, 12w class A: speaker outs, headphone switch with hi/lo output
STAX SRD-7MkII

STAX SR-303
Grado SR-60
Hornshoppe Horns

plastic bin under the bed is a Ball Python... shhh don't tell the RA

May 2, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #174 of 211
Quote:

Enjoy.

That is an impressive set up. No problems with roommates or people on your floor messin around with your rack?

May 2, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #177 of 211
Quote:

Yeah okay I lied. I'm a huge computer geek.

This is impossible to hide when the girls come in the room. Defintely going with a shuttle next time!

f_pcm_d9c170d.jpg

Computer geek good.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Shuttle, Bad
eek.gif

I built 10 Shuttles a year or so ago and only one had no serious issues.... horrible quality control....
mad.gif

Plus it's hard to add a second SATA drive if you're using the card reader bay....

this pic from a meet using CPU fan to cool external HD plugged into MB

orig.jpg

another one using CPU fan to cool external HD plugged into MB -- doesn't seem to make a temp difference whether
the fan is in front blowing air above and below the HD like the pic above or just sitting on top like this...
holds the drive at 33C, down from 50+ without the fan

orig.jpg

USG

d-_-b

May 2, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #179 of 211
Yes, a bit overkill
icon10.gif

Sounds fantastic, especially the with the Stax. I was really unhappy with the Sr-303 and SRM-313 combo... this is a whole other level of sound.

The hornshoppes have great synergy with the amp as well... perfect solution to drive all three setups... speakers, dynamic, electrostatic.

May 5, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #180 of 211
Here mine is right now.

You might notice a lot of cabling and electronics stuff around - tried to stuff my multimeter in my desk, etc.
New Cable installed on the HD590 (per request of new owner) and I am burning in for a few hours before I send it out. Look for a cousin of the sitheiser to come in a KSC-75 form (already have the cable made *top right of screen*).

min.jpg

m.jpg

mi.jpg

* should mention that the mini-mini in the left hand of the acreen is an "experimenters cable" That I designed to test how different components will act in the signal paths and be able to listen to it. The connections are just heat shrink so that they can fit in any connector (except iPhone). It has been very helpful! - reccomend everyone build one to test things out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back