Post Your Dorm Setups
Sep 10, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #121 of 211
You guys have really nice setups! I will try to remember to post my setup tomorrow... it's nothing special but it works! I've made my mind up to have a nice, basic mid-range set of cans while in school and get the nice stuff once I'm raking in the big bucks
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #122 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you know what just hit me is that it's sad these days that folks show off their gear rather than their music collection; i guess with vinyl dying off it wasn't as cool to display; bums me out a bit

OK, I'll post a pic of my HDD and a screenshot of my Music partition
very_evil_smiley.gif

I am going to a college in the city so I am still living at home. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

Sep 10, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #123 of 211
I always thought I was dumb for having my gear up at college. But now seeing that you guys not only have it but have better things, I dont feel too bad.

I left my camera at home but ill be sure to borrow someones and post my pictures.

BTW do all colleges have these same desks! 2 or 3 of you will know what I mean when I post my pictures.

wow it's 2 in the morning and finding this tread was my favorite part of this night. haha. Head-fi keeps my surfing all night. it's bad... real bad.

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #124 of 211
I forgot that I had an amazing mac ( well all of them are ) and it has a little camera on the top. Though the pics suck because the camera does and I didnt really have the light on, you'll get the picture.

Photo2.jpg

Photo1.jpg

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #125 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you know what just hit me is that it's sad these days that folks show off their gear rather than their music collection; i guess with vinyl dying off it wasn't as cool to display; bums me out a bit

It's hard to show off your music collection when it's on a hard drive..........................
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #126 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkshiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mic, Crayon, Flashlight? :)

Wait a second, I have a funny feeling that was very funny........ but I don't get it
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Care to elaborate?

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #127 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait a second, I have a funny feeling that was very funny........ but I don't get it
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Care to elaborate?

Oh. Just wondering what those are for, not being funny at all !

Sep 12, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #128 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkshiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh. Just wondering what those are for, not being funny at all !

Oh, haha.

The Mic is for when I want to record things, or when I want to sing along to a song for fun. I actually don't use it very much, execpt for singing along to songs, haha.

The Color Chalk is something I'm not using this semester, but there were times when I would TA a low level physics class, and it came in handy.

The flashlight is for things like seeing which jack on the soundcard is the digital out (The lighting in the room is awful!!!), or goodness forbid... if the power went out.

Sep 16, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #131 of 211
VacationandRandomFromKibbysCamera05.jpg

I didn't live in a dorm, I lived at my parents house during college. Here is a pic of my setup at the time. This was before I replaced an old KLH HTIB center channel with my current Infinity Beta C250 but after I replaced the KLH sub with an Infinity PS-10 and my old Harman Karond AVR 5 with the AVR 245. Since then I have also gotten a "proper" center channel mount. (Notice the cut kleenex box elevating it in the pic)

VacationandRandomFromKibbysCamer-1.jpg

This is a side view and you can see my rear left channel surround in the corner. The computer is actually a secondary rig, soon to become my dedicated audio pc. I will have to look for a pic of my main desk which is to my left in this picture.

VacationandRandomFromKibbysCamera09.jpg

After hearing about the Native American scholarships, I thought I would post this. My girlfriend is Native American, and for graduating high school (regardless of any post secondary plans) she received $8+k plus the next year another $8+k. This is from one of those checks. I never had this kind of money when I graduated. I didn't have to pay for college, thanks to my parents and two scholarships. Had a 2. something GPA in high school and "took time off" (aka got into trouble with the law) afterword. Not long after getting my head out of my ass, I went to college, had 2 4.0 semesters, 2 scholarships, graduated with honors, and a week after graduating, I started at a real job. Now I can actually afford to start working my way up to some of these rigs in these posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back