Post your desktop!
Dec 8, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #1,667 of 2,274
Yay! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #1,668 of 2,274

Quote:

I'm running GNOME 3 right now in Ubuntu, but I'm not sure if I like it better than the stock interface. I really liked the popup sidebar when it came out on 10.10 Netbook Edition, and I got used to it by the time I went to GNOME. Have you ever tried GNOME?

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #1,669 of 2,274

I'm running GNOME 3 right now in Ubuntu, but I'm not sure if I like it better than the stock interface. I really liked the popup sidebar when it came out on 10.10 Netbook Edition, and I got used to it by the time I went to GNOME. Have you ever tried GNOME?

Yes. I'm using Gnome Shell in that screenshot actually. The dock there on the left is Docky. I don't really like Unity at all myself. Ultimately neither is as configurable as Gnome 2 was, but there are new extensions coming out all the time and it keeps getting better. Plus it's so pretty! I'm a sucker for eye candy.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #1,671 of 2,274

Quote:

Yes. I'm using Gnome Shell in that screenshot actually. The dock there on the left is Docky. I don't really like Unity at all myself. Ultimately neither is as configurable as Gnome 2 was, but there are new extensions coming out all the time and it keeps getting better. Plus it's so pretty! I'm a sucker for eye candy.

Sorry, I didn't look close enough at your screenshot to notice that the bar on top was GNOME. I like the visual changes in 3, but as you said it's less configurable. I make do and adapt, though, and I like the way I have it better than plain 'ol Ubuntu. The sidebar was useful, but got annoying by randomly popping up or refusing to finish popping up at random points in time.

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #1,672 of 2,274
Yeah, I really think they shouldn't have rushed so much to release Unity. It's so rough around the edges still, I feel like I'm beta testing something when I use it rather than having a completed operating system ready for daily use. You could say the same about Gnome when it first came out, but at least Gnome was consistent and coherent.

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #1,673 of 2,274
I like to make my own desk top art from scratch.

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #1,674 of 2,274
So, Dexpot 1.6 beta has (better) multimonitor support.

Including having different wallpapers on each monitor.

Let's do this.

Internet.

Working.

Gaming.

Miscellaneous.

Maintenance.

-- Griffinhart

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #1,678 of 2,274
I updated my desktop to be a little less blah. The desktop glows when it is highlighted, and in general it's just a bit more colorful and refined.

And speaking of Firefox, I love Nightly. It fixed a whole bunch of problems that I was having with Firefox's stable builds.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #1,679 of 2,274
So instead of mucking around with Ubiquity, which has been pretty swiftly out-done by Vimperator, I messed around some more with my Firefox layout... it's so glorious, now.

It's also mouseless. Huzzray~

-- Griffinhart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back