Post your desktop!
Jun 3, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #1,338 of 2,274

I have no idea what you are talking about....You asked the original poster for a link to their desktop image.  I found where it was from and posted the designer of the image Omar-Dogan and the name of the web site as well as the link [period]

If this offends you in some way, which is seems to have done, you may want to complain to the Headfi authorities and get me banned.  You are welcome to do so...

Can you explain???

Quote:
Quote:
Omar-Dogan, from Deviantart...

http://omar-dogan.deviantart.com/

What was your intent with that ellipsis? I don't like to assume malice but generally that would infer that you take me for an ignorant newb. I'll just assume that you intended it as an aposiopesis or perhaps you use ellipses improperly to differentiate phrases from what are obviously not sentences. Or perhaps you thought it was a colon...

Anyway, thanks for the link though, even if it wasn't a direct link. I found the image but it's in 733 X 1200, a good excuse to buy a proper image editing program I guess.

Cheers!

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #1,339 of 2,274
I have no idea what you are talking about....

Can you explain???

lol sorry that was me late-night drinking posting. An ellipsis is generally used to infer intent. Usually on the internet where I asked you a question and you gave me the answer but followed with an ellipsis it infers that I'm an idiot for not knowing the answer.

Jun 3, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #1,340 of 2,274
I actually use them quite a bit when I type online...I use them to space things out a little and most of the people I chat with read it as a pause. I think it makes the reading of a post or sentence in a chat more engaging...

I guess that's just me though...

I will say that if someone STARTS with one, it comes off as insulting the way you're thinking. At least to me...
Quote:
Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about....

Can you explain???

lol sorry that was me late-night drinking posting. An ellipsis is generally used to infer intent. Usually on the internet where I asked you a question and you gave me the answer but followed with an ellipsis it infers that I'm an idiot for not knowing the answer.

Jun 4, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #1,343 of 2,274
Your taste in cars is impeccable. A neighbor of mine had an 09' RS but sold it to pay off his mortgage....

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #1,346 of 2,274

Well I use the three dots [...] as nothing more than a pause or a trailing off for a sentence, which is the normal classical meaning of the marks.

I really have no idea of all the new hidden meanings etc. behind words, marks etc.

I think people now-a-days are very touchy and read into everything, even when there is nothing there or nothing was intended to be there as offensive.
Quote:
I actually use them quite a bit when I type online...I use them to space things out a little and most of the people I chat with read it as a pause. I think it makes the reading of a post or sentence in a chat more engaging...

I guess that's just me though...

I will say that if someone STARTS with one, it comes off as insulting the way you're thinking. At least to me...

Jun 4, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #1,347 of 2,274
Yeah, pretty much what I meant...

Quote:
Well I use the three dots [...] as nothing more than a pause or a trailing off for a sentence, which is the normal classical meaning of the marks.

I really have no idea of all the new hidden meanings etc. behind words, marks etc.

I think people now-a-days are very touchy and read into everything, even when there is nothing there or nothing was intended to be there as offensive.

Jun 4, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #1,348 of 2,274

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much what I meant...

Oh okay, didn't mean to restate the obvious...
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 4, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #1,350 of 2,274

No problem bud, just making fun.

No harm, no fowl.

Quote:
Quote:

Oh okay, didn't mean to restate the obvious...
tongue_smile.gif

I'm sorry, I've been on the internet (IRC, etc.) too long, that is why I asked, because people use it just like I said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back