Post your desktop!
Oct 4, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #886 of 2,274
Here is all 4 of my desktops.
desktop3dfu1.jpg

Program is called deskspace. I installed Ubuntu on another portion of my HD and I loved the multiple desktops thing, so I got something similar for Vista.
I must have tried 5 of these types of programs- this was by far the best one, although it does use a little more RAM and uses more cpu when switching.
The now playing gadget is on all desktops, so I can quickly control foobar too (well pause and skip), which is nice.

screenshot1xs4.png

Trying Ubuntu out.

Oct 5, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #887 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Program is called deskspace. I installed Ubuntu on another portion of my HD and I loved the multiple desktops thing, so I got something similar for Vista.
I must have tried 5 of these types of programs- this was by far the best one, although it does use a little more RAM and uses more cpu when switching.
The now playing gadget is on all desktops, so I can quickly control foobar too (well pause and skip), which is nice.

Trying Ubuntu out.

woah that deskspace looks exactly like beryl for linux.. I even wrote a whole post about here until this edit but just realized that it's vista itself and not a virtual machine.. cool

Oct 5, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #888 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
desktop3dfu1.jpg

screenshot1xs4.png

Trying Ubuntu out.

how did you d-load ubuntu onto another part of your HD and how do you go back and forth between vista and that? i would love to try ubuntu out as well.

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #890 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by MVPlaya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn that looks nice...Mac OSX has the same feature I believe? Workspace?

Yes, OSX has Spaces, but it's not as well integrated and usable as the multiple workspaces on GNOME or KDE.

Oct 5, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #891 of 2,274
Quote:

how did you d-load ubuntu onto another part of your HD and how do you go back and forth between vista and that? i would love to try ubuntu out as well.

you use a program (google name) to make a partition. a partition basically makes a computer think one hard drive is actually too, so you install ubunu onto that partition and at bootup you press f5or whatever your key to access the where would you like to load the os from screen (changes between bioses but is always either one of the f keys or end/delete). If you did not understand the above, then i wouldnt recommend doing it since you will probably end up with a compputer with no OS =-p

Oct 6, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #892 of 2,274
there is also the wubi option it's a great way to try ubuntu without messing with partitions

Oct 11, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #894 of 2,274
My less than day old ubuntu install.. god, I love compiz fusion!
evil_smiley.gif

cubismwn7.jpg

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #896 of 2,274
sure! I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
Download Ubuntu | Ubuntu

and the 3d window manager is compiz fusion
Enabling Compiz Fusion On An Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200) | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

the cube cap and background images are from The Garden of Earthly Delights
The Garden of Earthly Delights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the image here is taken during transition between dekstops, normally when in use it looks like a normal desktop.. heres a video to give you an idea if youre not familiar with compiz fusion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w

beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #899 of 2,274
Sorry people you can't compete with me :p

And I dont mean to sound mean or anything like that but im not giving away Software names...So Sorry

Desktop_2_by_ForyouIwill.png

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #900 of 2,274
Zombie X_o Love;5019031 said:
Sorry people you can't compete with me :p

And I dont mean to sound mean or anything like that but im not giving away Software names...So Sorry

*image*
The OCD inside me wants to organize your desktop
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back