biggrin.gif
But it doesn't look very ergonimic.

Mar 30, 2003 at 9:38 PM Post #17 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
Nice setup, Trawlerman.
biggrin.gif
But it doesn't look very ergonimic.

Hehehehe I really must tidy up around there. It's more functional than anything else. One I get cracking, I can be working on there for hours.

I was thinking of ripping all that workbench out and getting a proper workstation setup in there but funds won't allow at the moment.

I spend 40hours a week behind a monitor at work so when I get home I try not to spend too much time on the computer.

Are there anymore dual-head head-fiers on here I wonder?

Mar 30, 2003 at 9:55 PM Post #18 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman
I too have a multiple-monitor setup.

Started with a two but now have three
biggrin.gif
Absolutely indispensible.

I usually have my email/newsgroups on the left screen with Internet Explorer on my middle one and the right one is spare and usually has all the utilities etc displayed on there or my file system when moving crap about.

multimon.jpg

If anybody was thinking of doing this then the site to visit is http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon

Sound As Ever

If that's not a waste of space, i don't know what is. I use one pc for every app on here, works fine for me, i really don't understand why any normal person would need multiple monitors.

Do you trade stocks?

Mar 30, 2003 at 10:15 PM Post #22 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by mclaren20
fc6bad79.jpg

For some reason I cant upload my desktop, but here is the pic.
biggrin.gif

Heh, cool mclaren20. That was mine several years ago back when Ocarina of Time came out I think.

Edit: I'll post mine in a few days once I get back from a trip.

Mar 30, 2003 at 10:57 PM Post #24 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
i really don't understand why any normal person would need multiple monitors.

Do you trade stocks?

Try it. Once you do, there is no going back. Especially if you like to use programs like PhotoShop.

I had a dual 20" setup at my last job. I worked in Marketing for a Brokerage Software company so they had lots of dual-head video cards and loads of big monitors lying around. All I has to do was to ask IT for a card and extra monitor.

I ended up with 2 PCs both with dual-head cards hooked up via a KVM to 2 20" monitors.
eek.gif

Talk about multi-tasking heaven. I could do my QA work for the software on one PC and manage email, web & graphics, and more on the other PC. Pressing the CTRL button twice switches between the 2 PCs.

Awesome.

So I had to get a second monitor for home. It's what I'm used to.

Mar 30, 2003 at 11:48 PM Post #27 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by BlindSeer
Any Litestep fans here?
wink.gif

desktop.png

Nice and clean. What theme are you running?

Mar 30, 2003 at 11:54 PM Post #28 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
Try it. Once you do, there is no going back. Especially if you like to use programs like PhotoShop.

If i took a pic of my room you would understand why i think its not convenient...am i the only person that can multitask on one 17" monitor nowadays?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back