Post your desktop!
Jun 13, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #496 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Yes, I use paint, very efficent. One thing to note about your screenshot is that it will always come otu the size of whatever your resolution is set to, so download the powertoy windows image resizer and resize your photos if you plan to have them in the thread, if you are going to leave them at full res, just link to the imageshack url probably.

If you can in any way whatsoever, possibly avoid it, DONT use mspaint. The Jpeg compression that it uses is beyond dreadful.

Theres lots of freeware image manipulation software out there which will save a decent one. Although personally I've been using Paint Shop Pro 7 since forever.

Jun 13, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #497 of 2,274
Quote:

For your current setup, I would strongly advise you use a uxtheme.dll patch like I do, that way your system resources are not affected whatsoever, and you have one less program installed / running a proces. I used to have my desktop identically like yours, except I didn't have stylexp or windowblinds. Like I said, check out the neowin forums.

Stylexp gives you the choice to run 0 processes and 0 programs. I leave 1 process on, which is only 3,000 k.

Jun 13, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #498 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
If you can in any way whatsoever, possibly avoid it, DONT use mspaint. The Jpeg compression that it uses is beyond dreadful.

Theres lots of freeware image manipulation software out there which will save a decent one. Although personally I've been using Paint Shop Pro 7 since forever.

Oh really, I never realised that, heh. Is paint shop pro free?

Also, pyro, I don't think your understanding my point. Stylexp will always be using resources, and as long as it's installed extra things like registry keys are installed as well. What your doing can be achieved with no software, and overall it will help your system (especially considering your system is not the fatest on the market.) I remember how much it helped my old 2 ghz p4, trust me. Your system will look identical without the software.

PS, I suggest you run crapcleaner if you uninstall a lot of stuff, just so you can get rid of the uneeded registry stuff.

Jun 13, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #499 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh

Yeah I use Photoshop as well, Paint is really crappy, that's why the image's MB size comes out so small.

I downloaded a free printsceen program, so the quality is pretty junk but here it is, nice and simple, normally 1280X1024.

Jun 13, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #500 of 2,274
Quote:

Oh really, I never realised that, heh. Is paint shop pro free?

Also, pyro, I don't think your understanding my point. Stylexp will always be using resources, and as long as it's installed extra things like registry keys are installed as well. What your doing can be achieved with no software, and overall it will help your system (especially considering your system is not the fatest on the market.) I remember how much it helped my old 2 ghz p4, trust me. Your system will look identical without the software.

PS, I suggest you run crapcleaner if you uninstall a lot of stuff, just so you can get rid of the uneeded registry stuff.

Is the program actually called crapcleaner?
*edit*
Nevermind, I found it.

Jun 13, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #501 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
Is the program actually called crapcleaner?

Yes, google it, it is free software, and I think it is actually really good, cleans out a lot of gunk and junk you don't need laying around.

Edit :: bleh, his post was answered by himself when I posted the answer, lol.

Jun 13, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #503 of 2,274

It's the cover for the Stratovarius single "Eagleheart". It replaced my old one of an AMD logo.

Jun 13, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #504 of 2,274
heres the current desktop:

desktop.jpg

Jun 13, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #505 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
heres the current desktop:

desktop.jpg

Nice, that's the Nismo Z-Tune R34 right? 10.06 second 400m time, $180k price tag, you have very good taste
biggrin.gif

Edit: Yeah it is, you can tell by the flared front fender, carbon fiber baby.

Jun 13, 2006 at 9:32 AM Post #510 of 2,274
I must admit I've had some old version of Photoshop, but found the interface anything but intuitive (perhaps for a photography geek, but not for a computer geek
tongue.gif
). I'm using good ol' Paint Shop Pro 4.12 (shareware btw, though that version will continue to run forever even when unregistered), it's quick, small and does everything I normally need with a decidedly uncluttered interface. (Before, I'd been using 3.12-32 for years. Works with Win32s, too, and is quite a bit faster than 3.11, though I guess that's kind of a moot point these days since hardly anyone will be running Windows 3.1x anymore.) Later versions have been too loaded with features for my taste, and from 8 onwards it's also rather fat and slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back