Post your desktop!
Dec 15, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #571 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sexay. Mmmmmm-mmm.

My not-at-home bg.

Roastpuff you need to outdo Camille! I read your bemoaning of a system in plain view, so you really do need capitalise on your new not-at-homeness and get a proper Camille-type bg. Yes indeed
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #572 of 2,274
desktopnw5.jpg

it's dark and grey right now in seattle, so i drew something colorful in mspaint.
cool.gif
actual size is 1440 X 900

Dec 15, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #573 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Roastpuff you need to outdo Camille! I read your bemoaning of a system in plain view, so you really do need capitalise on your new not-at-homeness and get a proper Camille-type bg. Yes indeed
biggrin.gif

Vag, I'm still at home. I just have BackLight on when I'm at home, and it nicely covers it up with the Flurry screensaver! Ta-da, instant safe-for-work-ness. OTOH, I like the minimalism that the current bg provides. Of course, if something else catches my eye...
wink.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 8:19 AM Post #576 of 2,274
For all of you Full Metal Panic Lovers out there. Tessa is the best!

fmpbg1.jpg

Vagarach, does this count?
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #579 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by puiah11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sys1: | Sys2: | Sys3:

The middle one is Kiera Knightley right? She's my absolute favorite
biggrin.gif

I know the end one is

Dec 17, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #580 of 2,274
Quote:

For all of you Full Metal Panic Lovers out there. Tessa is the best!

[snip]

Vagarach, does this count?
tongue.gif

Tessa gets on my nerves. A background with Melissa would be much better.
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #581 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Untill I get gentoo up...It doesn't like to boot on my computer yet... Anyway, cluttered atm, I need a new hdd(or get my music server up and running).

what OS is that?

Dec 17, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #582 of 2,274
Aww, I'm sorry to hear about that Fitz! Unfortunately, I find her cute, and that's where she's staying for the time being! Melissa's too old for MY tastes...
tongue.gif

Oistrakh, it looks like Vista or a skin designed to make XP look like Vista.

Dec 17, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #583 of 2,274
Quote:

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about that Fitz! Unfortunately, I find her cute, and that's where she's staying for the time being! Melissa's too old for MY tastes...
tongue.gif

Oistrakh, it looks like Vista or a skin designed to make XP look like Vista.

Yes, in fact it's most likely a visual style (fwiw, there are tons of top notch themes at deviantart.com if you like customising). The black adds the vista-ness to the look. I'm not a fan of the thin taskbar though, I much prefer the fat default size that's stuck around since '95
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #584 of 2,274
hey guys,
I thought this would be the spot to post this question, since everyone so desktop oriented and all. How would one set up more than two monitors...install a second/third video card? I was just on newegg.com and all the video cards only allow for dual monitors, and I work at circuit city and they only carry the dual monitor video cards too, so I assume those are all that are in production.

Dec 17, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #585 of 2,274
no, no, no
tongue.gif
That's not true. That would be bad because they would alienate almost all their customers, because the majority of people don't have two monitors. You maybe think that because most new cards have 2 DVI ports on them. But they will work just fine with one monitor. They just offer dual monitor support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys,
I thought this would be the spot to post this question, since everyone so desktop oriented and all. How would one set up more than two monitors...install a second/third video card? I was just on newegg.com and all the video cards only allow for dual monitors, and I work at circuit city and they only carry the dual monitor video cards too, so I assume those are all that are in production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back