Post your desktop!
Mar 10, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #361 of 2,274
desktop.JPG

Mar 10, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #362 of 2,274
Resized down from 1600x1200, I found this on Caedes, and it's a really nice shot of my city except it's a tad crooked
smily_headphones1.gif

Screenie.jpg

Mar 10, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #363 of 2,274
Heh, my last post here was made on a Windows box with a mock OS X theme...

Currently:

desktop_ss.jpg

Yep, that's real OS X.
smily_headphones1.gif
BTW the photo was just a pretty random macro shot I took while testing out my new Canon A70.

Mar 10, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #366 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
Jesda,

I just picked up a Mac cube like yours; same Aquamarine colour too. What OS does it use? Did you install OSX on it?

Not to be too fussy, but the Power Mac G4 Cube did not ship in any other colour other than silver/white.

http://www.neteconomie.com/dbphoto/S...23913-350.jpeg

I believe the machine you're talking about is the Blueberry iMac. At least I *think* that's the Blueberry.

Mar 11, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #369 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Resized down from 1600x1200, I found this on Caedes, and it's a really nice shot of my city except it's a tad crooked
smily_headphones1.gif

Screenie.jpg

That is a really good picture of pgh. I have some pictures from that same place...not nearly as good though. Here's one: (that is snow, btw)
TripHome0024Small.jpg

here's my desktop, a picture of boston I took
desk2.jpg

Mar 13, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #370 of 2,274
i downloaded the basic austerity litestep, and was slightly unimpressed. then i downloaded this as a theme, and all i can say is, i'm blown away. this is too good to miss. its' the top litestep theme at devianart

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10068332/

effortlessly installed. beautiful, simple, efficient and very effective, and bugless as far as i can tell. make sure to reboot after installing everything.

foobar doesn't work with the "amp" buttons unfortunately. but that is the case with all litestep winamp functions, far as i know

Mar 13, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #373 of 2,274
acedriver,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I tried LiteStep and WindowBlinds and found them to be resource hogs. That and I couldn't always use the themes with my restricted accounts under W2KP. So I pretty much just use the Classic W2KP theme under WXP.

fiddler,

I'm sorry for my poor choice of words when I said "cube". Obviously I meant the integrated monitor / pc of the Mac BlueBerry (G3 (?) iMac 333?) and not the G4.

Maybe I should have picked up the G4 for $150... I just found out that I may have to update the BIOS to be able to install OSX.

Mar 13, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #374 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
Maybe I should have picked up the G4 for $150... I just found out that I may have to update the BIOS to be able to install OSX.

The procedure of updating the firmware to make the CRT iMac compatible with OS X is an easy procedure, just download the patch and you're set. HOWEVER you *absolutely* must install it before an OS X install disc even comes near the iMac. Attempting to install OS X without having installed the patch beforehand has a 98% chance of killing your video. There's various degrees of dead-screen-ness that can result from this bug, I had to deal with a worst case scenario over the summer where I reset the PRAM while experimenting... worst move ever. So yeah, just install the firmware patch and you'll be set.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #375 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trawlerman
I too have a multiple-monitor setup.

Started with a two but now have three
biggrin.gif
Absolutely indispensible.

I usually have my email/newsgroups on the left screen with Internet Explorer on my middle one and the right one is spare and usually has all the utilities etc displayed on there or my file system when moving crap about.

multimon.jpg

If anybody was thinking of doing this then the site to visit is http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon

Sound As Ever

I've always liked the idea of having three monitors - until I saw your set-up.

Don't mean to bag you but how do you cope with so little desk space? You NEED to at least get some cheap LCD's in there. I need loads of desk space, your set up would drive me nuts.

Sorry.

ZT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back