Post your Counterstrike headphones!
Aug 9, 2003 at 3:52 PM Post #31 of 49
Yeah, the elitists you find in CS, man, it's simply stunning. Practically everyone with a score that's near 2:1 ratio or better talks like they're some kind of Cal champion. And, another thing you have to love...the FREQUENT accusations of "HACKER" and "NUB." I'm pretty adept at telling when someone hacks and when someone doesn't, and hacker accusations are wrong more than they are right, that's for sure. And the nub accusation...often holds water, but do people consider that the player could just be having a bad day/game? Sheesh!

Aug 9, 2003 at 4:53 PM Post #33 of 49
On the occasions that I find myself at the top of the score list, I don't say a word. There were some servers that aren't working for me currently (The Frag Zone, for an unknown reason, but when they were, I started to get to know the regulars there. They were nice, there, too. Anyway, whenever someone actually did good there, we'd all do a virtual pat-on-the-back ("w00t!" "boo-yah!") for him. But we never accused anyone of hacking unless they were, in which case, they were quickly removed. And as for nubs, they were helped. Everyone was a nub at some point.

Man, those were awesome servers. I oughta see if they're working again...

(-:Stephonovich:)

Aug 9, 2003 at 7:18 PM Post #34 of 49
Stephonovich, that's the kind of server you want. Also, have you considered the server may have changed it's IP address?
That's pretty common in the CS world, i've observed.

Aug 9, 2003 at 9:20 PM Post #35 of 49
Yeah, I've checked the IP's. According to their site, they're all up and running (you can even check the real-time status of the server; who's playing, what map it's on...), so I think it's just my machine. It was after I re-formatted and installed XP, so that may have something to do with it. Although I have no idea why, as every other server still works.

As I said, I may try again soon.

Aug 10, 2003 at 7:51 AM Post #37 of 49
Usually I use my v7506 for gaming, but I'm wondering how an HD-497 would do...

My girlfriend basically took my pair for keeps, so I'll probably end up getting another set.

What do you think...497 for gaming over 7506?

My other alternative is the DT880, but I don't think I want to take those off my main music station
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2003 at 12:28 PM Post #38 of 49
I use my 580s and all that jazz. I've played cal-im/m most of the time I've played cs, and i'm considered one of the more ******** players on most of the clans i play for based on earing every damn thing they work pretty damn nicely.

Aug 10, 2003 at 1:56 PM Post #39 of 49
Well, C&P'd the servers in last night, and voila, they worked! I haven't the slighest clue as to why they weren't working before.

However, I was slightly disappointed that I didn't know any people on the servers. I hope they haven't moved on...

In other news, I got an awesome frag on fy_iceworld. It was down to me vs. one T. I had an M4, and I believe he had an AK. Can't quite remember. Anyhoo, I started walking around slowly, and then I heard him running. Silly fool. So I turned around, aimed where his head would shortly be, and waited. He came around the corner, bang, his head disappeared. Most beautiful
280smile.gif

Aug 10, 2003 at 2:01 PM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by dabblerblue
Usually I use my v7506 for gaming, but I'm wondering how an HD-497 would do...

My girlfriend basically took my pair for keeps, so I'll probably end up getting another set.

What do you think...497 for gaming over 7506?

My other alternative is the DT880, but I don't think I want to take those off my main music station
tongue.gif

I'd imagine the 497 has a better soundstage and imaging and the V6 has better bass and isolation.

I'd go with the imaging and soundstage for gaming, that's just me.

Aug 10, 2003 at 6:49 PM Post #42 of 49
So, i've been playing, and concentrating on sounds more, a noticeable improvement in score. The only complaint I have: I wish the KSC-50s had a better soundstage. Unless I’m wearing them wrong or something, which I don't think is the case. It's hard for me to discern (maybe just noob footstep-detecting ear) whether the footsteps I hear are an enemy or ally. Using the radar helps, of course, but I can't help but be confused sometimes. Maybe I’ll have to upgrade that soundcard after all...

Aug 10, 2003 at 10:11 PM Post #43 of 49
Yeah, when I play with our BA 2.1 speakers, I don't play as well. Last night, in fy_iceworld, (again) I finished the map 2nd to the top, with an almost 50:50 score/death ratio. I had the top for a long time, then one guy started scoring frags, and not dying. I started coming back near the end, and would have passed him, but the time ran out...

Aug 10, 2003 at 11:04 PM Post #44 of 49
I use my HD600's for Counter-Strike, although something with more isolation would be ideal. In a very quiet room the 600's are killer for gaming though.

Anyone else getting psyched for the upcoming CAL season? I just joined up with a cal-im clan, I think we could do pretty well.

-dd3mon

Aug 11, 2003 at 12:02 AM Post #45 of 49
I've never played CS competitively. It'd be fun; but with the amount of time I'm doing crap, I wouldn't have time to make regular practices, likely. I've thought about starting up my own clan, except there's not enough people around here who play CS. I live in Nebraska, which is pretty much hickville central.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back