Post yor favorite underground band of all time.
Apr 5, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #17 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
stereolab.

c'mon, vic!!

i was being ironical.
tongue.gif

i guess i have sort of a skewed view of reality. it's hard for me to see what's an underground band and what isn't. if stereolab is underground, then i suppose the vast majority of my listening is to underground bands (call them "undie bands"
biggrin.gif
). my current favorite (other than the 'lab, of course), i suppose, would be Mouse on Mars.

edit - redshifter: if you dig boards of canada and stereolab, you must check out mouse on mars. go pick up Iaora Tahiti and Niun Niggung, for starters.

Apr 5, 2005 at 4:46 PM Post #18 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Ramsay
The Residents

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
i suppose, would be Mouse on Mars

hm.. hmmm... two of my favourites in there already...

let me add another classic: einstürzende neubauten...
lambda.gif

Apr 5, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #19 of 49
The Minutemen.

To me, no band exemplified the spirit of underground music quite like the Minutemen did.

Though I have gotten to see Mike Watt and George Hurley peform in different groups (Mike Watt solo and Red Krayola respectively), I did not get to see the Minutemen in their time.. but their legendary touring ethic and recorded legacy are truely what being underground was all about.

I would also give a nod to Black Flag, but when it comes around to it, I enjoy the music of the Minutemen more these days.

-jar

Apr 6, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
i was being ironical.
tongue.gif

snip

edit - redshifter: if you dig boards of canada and stereolab, you must check out mouse on mars. go pick up Iaora Tahiti and Niun Niggung, for starters.

already have iaora tahiti... good stuff!

Apr 6, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #24 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenEnglish
hm.. hmmm... two of my favourites in there already...

let me add another classic: einstürzende neubauten...
lambda.gif

Yeah - that's a good one!

How about Klaus Nomi? (sp?)

I hadn't head him in years, then the local cool station played him for fun - Made my day!

Might have to dig up an old cassette tape if I can still find it...

Apr 6, 2005 at 1:05 PM Post #25 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProleArtThreat
Galaxie 500

I keep hoping for a reunion.

I think I would travel far to catch them.

One of their last tours was opening for the Cocteau Twins, and I missed it because I didn't have a car to drive to Columbus and they didn't play Cleveland. Of course, that was close to 14 years ago.

Since Luna is no more, maybe there's hope?
smily_headphones1.gif

-jar

Apr 6, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #27 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar
I keep hoping for a reunion.

I think I would travel far to catch them.

One of their last tours was opening for the Cocteau Twins, and I missed it because I didn't have a car to drive to Columbus and they didn't play Cleveland. Of course, that was close to 14 years ago.

Since Luna is no more, maybe there's hope?
smily_headphones1.gif

-jar

If the Pixies got back together after their colossal, legendary acrimonious split, anything's possible, although I will admit, the Galaxie 500 reunion seems about as likely as The Smths reforming.

Apr 13, 2005 at 6:49 AM Post #30 of 49
Monster Magnet - stoner space rock, rubbish lyrics. fantastic!

280smile.gif

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back