Post up your favorite Headphone Cable or Cables for the Senn 600 & 650
Mar 17, 2017 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SEABREEZE

100+ Head-Fier
Over the years I found as you change, upgrade  your Amps, Dac's, etc,etc our headphones can take on changes, and different variety of Headphone cables can help or hinder in this case, as well as other cables in the chain.

However let's just focus on Headphone cables, what's your favorite cable your using and mention what  headphone and equipment your using to bring you to your Music Nirvana with these Senn's

I believe by sharing our experience here, we all learn and help us to decide if we  want to give a try to other HP Cables.

I will say that running your cables in balanced  has given me personally the most pleasure using the Senn 600 & 650

So I will start this off

I have used Stefan Audio Art Equinox cables with  Dark Voice (Tube) ~ SP Extreme ( Tube) ~  RSA Raptor ( Hybrid ) and all sounded great in single ended with the 650's  Also a couple portable RSA amps and they did great as well
Source was a I Mod and RS Audio Opus 21 mod Dac., mod Sony CD player.  

BTW James the owner of SAA was a engineer working for Senn for 30 yrs.

I also heard Moon Audio Dragon Black with the 600 and Dragon Silver with the 650 Balanced, and it really made them both sing  (Fantastic)  Amp used was RSA Apache & Meridian 808 CD player.

There are many others I would like to try, so I hope to see them mentioned.

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 5
I have hd 650 with moon v3 blue dragon balanced, really like it. Would like to try silver and black dragons however price really jumps on them. I also have a wywire red I use on another headphone.
You know what really gets old around here is when I have people tell me I am ignorant to electrical science, or I would not be wasting my money on cables. What I do not understand is, it is my money so who cares. I don't preach to people about cables, one way or another, however there are some on here who to make it their life's work to preach against quality cables, I don't understand why. I do however think not every thing can be measured when it comes to sound.

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for responding lugnut, you may want to add what equipment you used with your BlueV3 Dragons.. Your going balanced, excellent !!

I seen a heated disagreement over USB cables in another thread yesterday, then the thread moved right along nicely...

Looking forward to others contributing....

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #5 of 5
A $2 Radio Shack sounds the best to me.

Interesting, it looks like you have the same cables connecting your IE phones in your avatar
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back