Post the last thing you bought. Oh fun!
Apr 19, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #2,957 of 11,344
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm too scared to use "real" razors...I need it, because I'm hairy as a mountain goat. I'm always afraid of accidently shaving my lips off when phones go off

I just did my first shave with a safety razor last night and well I managed to walk away with just one small nick.(I fared a lot better than I have with some cheap disposables that I have used.)

Apr 20, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #2,958 of 11,344
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Tadashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just did my first shave with a safety razor last night and well I managed to walk away with just one small nick.(I fared a lot better than I have with some cheap disposables that I have used.)

1 small nick for normal people usually translate to cuts requiring 15 stiches in my case
frown.gif

I have manual dexterity equal to a rhesus monkey
frown.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #2,959 of 11,344
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Tadashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gold plated Merkur HD Safety razor.

334G.jpg

Nice!
I personally swear to those vintage Gillette's. Ex. the 1959-61 adjustable.
Great to see another wetshaver around here though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #2,962 of 11,344
I'm temted to get a safety razor, im only 15, and shave every couple of days, and my dads dad used to swear by one, and when my dad started shaving he used one with no problems, and said that they are cheapr to use, and after researching, blades are very cheap!

Do you reccommend i pick one up and use it for a few years maybe?

If so, where, and what? Ebay? What is a nice model, not too dear, but then i may use it for the rest of my life unless blades get cheaper and razors better.

I also think it would be a nice object to have, and use, and maybe collect oneday.

Thanks In Advance,

Matt

Apr 20, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #2,970 of 11,344
At 15 you're perfectly aware that a razor sharp (haha, sorry) blade will cut you if you are not careful, and that's pretty much it. A steady hand may come with age, but apart from that, there's not much else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back