Post the last thing you bought. Oh fun!
Feb 24, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #2,493 of 11,344
An Eye-One display LT monitor calibrator from the Pro Photo Expo in Pasadena today. I was mostly oogling over the gear from Leica, Canon, and Apple. While looking for display calibrators at the Samy's Camera booth, one guy went up and bought two Nikon D3's! Special show price for the calibrator was $125 vs. $169 MSRP.

AAAAAjX4RsgAAAAAAFyc4Q.jpg

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #2,494 of 11,344
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
happened to be looking through the pages today.

think i might end up getting this...though through verizon which is a little different...i find my treo to be a little to bulky..this looks pretty good. anybody have experience with this phone? think its verizons smt5800

Yes, that is my phone. It is the HTC S710 which I bought unlocked through a distributor and am using it with T-Mobile. The phone that you are referring to, the Verizon SMT5800, from what I can find is also known as the HTC Libra, which is the CDMA version of the HTC S730 (which is like the S710 but has support for 3G. S710 only has EDGE capability)

In terms of the phone, I really love it. My only gripe with it is that I would have to reboot the phone every once in a while to refresh the RAM. After viewing several webpages on it, the phone would slow down and I would have to turn the phone off/on to bring it up to speed. A minor inconvenience. Also, I had to search through many webpages to find the correct information so I can access the Internet through my T-Mobile Internet Plan. That's the price I pay for getting an unlocked phone, I don't have any customized settings to make things work like I would have if I bought a T-Mobile phone.

A lot of helpful information I got was through News. I don't know how much that website can help you since it's mainly directed towards GSM phones. If you have other questions about the S710, feel free to PM me.

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #2,497 of 11,344
Wow, how does that scroll protector feel? It looks loose?

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #2,498 of 11,344
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xephyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy jeebus huge picture...is it supposed to not show the display?? How do you navigate if you can't see what you are navigating?? o.O

Edited the godzilla sized picture :p

The case is like one way glass, leme get a pic of the ipod on.

Thats not a scroll protector, its the original plastic that comes when you first purchase the ipod. I just used a razor to cut open the hold button, the headphone jack, and the line out. Although it looks loose in the picture it doesnt move AT ALL when i scroll

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #2,499 of 11,344
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatMACHI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edited the godzilla sized picture :p

Thats not a scroll protector, its the original plastic that comes when you first purchase the ipod. I just used a razor to cut open the hold button, the headphone jack, and the line out. Although it looks loose in the picture it doesnt move AT ALL when i scroll

question is...do you know what you are scrolling??
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #2,501 of 11,344
Good thinking, it's nice to see someone who takes care of their iPod, I keep on seeing people with the older polycarbonate iPods that keep them in their pockets with keys and change!

I would go insane, I've had mine for 2 years (almost) and all I've got is a tiny nick on the scroll-wheel- that's it.

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #2,502 of 11,344
93772278hw9.jpg

Here's a pic with the ipod on. The light comes through, although it is a little darker than normal, i'd say about 75%-85% of the light comes through.

I like to keep my gadgets mint. When i bought my previous ipod video, i put it straight into an agent18 case with the original plastic on it (the same as i did this). Even though its broken from a drop, i took out the ipod and it looks BRAND NEW, there hasnt even been a fingerprint on it lol :p Ill probably replace the HD one day :p

Feb 25, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #2,504 of 11,344
and it's cheaper than i expected for something that cool... if i ever get an ipod i think i'll get one of those for it

Feb 26, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #2,505 of 11,344
I used to be a mere commoner, wandering around with a pair of Ety ER6i IEM's. Those were the sad days, without bass and with fatigue
frown.gif

Till today, when I received a pair of Shure SE530 (ok, have to add PTH for that humungous thingie that came with it...)
smily_headphones1.gif

I have not tested them with anything else but an iPhone yet, but can already state that, yes, they do beat my Ety's, hands (and ears) down!
tongue.gif
Will see if I still like them after using a bit nicer DAC and amp.

Hmm, I am considering an iMod, but then I would have to hide the receipt from my wife
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back