Post Pictures of Your Instrument and more!
Apr 18, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #302 of 597
Yeah, and I posted a couple mandolin pictures, too.
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #303 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to try and learn the methods and styles of my 3 most favorite strat players -> Robin Trower, Mark Knopfler and David Gilmour.
blink.gif

I've only been practicing for a week today and my fingertips feel like I've scortched them in a frying pan, but I'm making progress
biggrin.gif

Yeah, good thing you're starting with the easy stuff!

Keep playing and you'll build up callouses on your fingers in no time.

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #304 of 597
guitar01.jpg

guitar02.jpg

guitar03.jpg

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #305 of 597
i think we all need to post up clips of us jamming with our instruments! well, in a new thread mebbe. way too many musicians on this site without hearing any! that, plus i'm getting the itch for recording these days, even if i don't put out pro product, hehe.

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #306 of 597
Truely lovely guitar DavesRose. What is the wood on the sides and back? I also really love the colors of the rosette.

Jahn, that sounds like an interesting idea, and a lot of fun could be had. Sadly, I'm not at a level on any instrument that I could record something that anyone in there right mind would want to listen to. ^_~

Apr 25, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #307 of 597
Time for a couple more.

First, I got the mods finished on my new bass. I think it turned out pretty good. I'm still tweaking the action a bit but I'm liking it so far.

sx57j.jpg

sx57jbody.jpg

Next is my old Univox Lectra (Beatle) bass from the 60's. It's a Japanese copy of the Hofner that Paul McCartney played. It sounds great and I always get compliments on it when I'm playing it. In fact, I used it at band practice last nite. I've updated the electronics (pots/caps/jack) but I still need to fit a new nut. I'm also going to put some flatwound strings on it for that early thumpy sound. I love it.

univox.jpg

univoxbody.jpg

univoxheadstock.jpg

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #309 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooter
Bass pics etc

Yay another bass player! Sweet looking bass on the top, man. What wood is that fret board?

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #310 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think we all need to post up clips of us jamming with our instruments! well, in a new thread mebbe. way too many musicians on this site without hearing any! that, plus i'm getting the itch for recording these days, even if i don't put out pro product, hehe.

Yeah, that sounds really cool. Unfortunately, it means that I'll have to go out and buy another axe as I just sold my last two guitars; a Gibson and a Martin.

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #311 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay another bass player! Sweet looking bass on the top, man. What wood is that fret board?

Thanks. Maple fretboard. It's loosely modeled after the late 50's Fender P-bass.

It's an SX bass, distributed by Rondo Music. They're dirt cheap basses but they get great reviews. Quality-wise, I'd put it ahead of Squiers and in the same ballpark as the MIM Fender Standards. Lots of folks use them as a springboard for modding or as an all-around workhorse. I put a new nut, pots/cap/output jack, new pickguard and some Fender flatwound strings on it and I've only got about $150+ into it. I love great bang-for-the-buck gear!

Apr 30, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #315 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like that Univox bass too. Man, that top string sure has to make a huge detour to get onto that machinehead
blink.gif
tongue.gif

I agree that it's kind of funky. I've got some new LaBella flatwound strings ordered that are sized specifically for Beatle basses so I'm hoping that'll take care of the winding problem. I'll also put a new nut on it when I restring it.

I've also completely overhauled the electronics recently. New pots/caps/jack and rewired it like a Fender Jazz bass with 2 volumes and 1 tone. Guitar player in our band even commented that it sounds better than before. Can't wait to get the new strings and nut on it!

I'm also in the process of putting a pair of P90's in an Ibanez hollowbody guitar for playing electric slide. I love that combination! I'll post a couple pix when it's finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back