Post pictures of your christmas loot
Dec 23, 2011 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

John In Cali

500+ Head-Fier
I didn't see this thread anywhere but if its out there a link would be nice.
Like the title says, post pictures of what you got for Christmas, whatever it might be, audio related is preferred but definitely not required.
Expecting a bum rush of posts Christmas afternoon but some might be getting presents Christmas eve.

Dec 24, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 26

Yummy set of P5s for travel!

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 26
We open gifts on Christmas Eve in my father's family.

One was a gift and the other was a loan until I get my Monos.

Furman PL-8 Conditioner (w/ Lights)
Carver M1.5t (1200 Watts RMS Power Amp)

$50 Cash, $20 in iTunes cards (going to try and pawn these off for cash to friends) and various snacks from around the world (my aunt travels)

EDIT: More coming tomorrow.

Dec 25, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #4 of 26

$50 Cash, $20 in iTunes cards (going to try and pawn these off for cash to friends) and various snacks from around the world (my aunt travels)

You seem to get something new every other day, lucky you. And that amp is making me extremely jealous, though my current amps putout enough power.

Dec 25, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #6 of 26
What do you mean? The last thing I really got was my Q cable about a month ago. I suppose the loaner LF, but I technically don't own that yet. :D

The Furman and Carver were a complete surprise from my father. I asked to borrow the Carver, but I thought it wasn't going to happen. The Furman however was absolutely unexpected and came at a great time considering I was about to buy another to match my current Furman conditioner.

The Carver has a ton of power, but I plan to replace it with W4S monos in ~6 months. This just means I'll be buying my pre-amp first.
Quote:
Quote:

You seem to get something new every other day, lucky you. And that amp is making me extremely jealous, though my current amps putout enough power.

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #7 of 26
Shower cream, chocolate box, new hockey stick, various books, 6 months of Canal+ (many TV channels), 2 CDs (Led Zeppelin, Dream Theater) etc etc.

Don't have a picture to show right nao. :p

Dec 25, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #10 of 26

Quote:
What do you mean? The last thing I really got was my Q cable about a month ago. I suppose the loaner LF, but I technically don't own that yet. :D

The Furman and Carver were a complete surprise from my father. I asked to borrow the Carver, but I thought it wasn't going to happen. The Furman however was absolutely unexpected and came at a great time considering I was about to buy another to match my current Furman conditioner.

The Carver has a ton of power, but I plan to replace it with W4S monos in ~6 months. This just means I'll be buying my pre-amp first.

I don't know, i just always see you posting on significant purchase thread or in a random thread talking about the new headphone you got.  Maybe it is just me.

Dec 25, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #11 of 26
Very nice stuff guys.  I need to go skiing again, i haven't been in a three years even though i have a nice mountain right next to me(Big Bear).
Ill post a picture of my stuff in a bit, mostly just cash though.

Dec 25, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #12 of 26
Got a new iPod (broke my old one...), new headphones (ATH-M50), and lotsa euros for next semester (studying abroad in Italy
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #13 of 26

Quote:

I got a ski trip to Hokkaido for Christmas!

So jealous!! I would kill just to get some snow so I can hit the slopes, to top it all off I'm in Canada, aren't we supposed to be the Great White North?!

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #15 of 26
Did my other family Christmas today...

2 great pans (needed new ones bad), various home made treats...and 630 dollars cash. Mother's side came through again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back