POST PICS OF YOUR LIVEWIRES!
Oct 16, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #61 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i doubt he would.

So jonx20001 how many of those in your sig do you own?

I personally don't think he owns anyone of them. i doubt that he would get 4 custum iem's made (ue-5c, ue10, livewire, and sensa) which totals up to around $3000 yet go back to e500's.

Which brings me back to my question of how did he "experience" these. I don't think you can truly "experience" a custum IEM that wasn't made for you.

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #62 of 74
Britney Spears in 3 years, accepting her lifetime achievement award at the Grammy's
evil_smiley.gif
:

YourKungFuisStrong.jpg

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #63 of 74
How is the treble presentation of these? is it boosted over the mids? or is it more rolled off?

thanks

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #64 of 74
I reviewed these in someone elses thread about 3 weeks ago.

They are very nicely balanced - with bright treble but not sibilant or rolled off, forward mids but still a good soundstage, and good bass which is not boomy or rolled off (with good extension).

With a good source, they are by far my favorite IEM (until I can try a westone 3 side by side), and an amp just compliments them.

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #65 of 74
Hey could someone tell me how the isolation is on the livewires?
Also how they compare isolation and comfort wise to universal IEMS...

..and I want to see more pics!

Thanks-

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #66 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phraxos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey could someone tell me how the isolation is on the livewires?
Also how they compare isolation and comfort wise to universal IEMS...

..and I want to see more pics!

Thanks-

They isolate i'd say 5-8 db better than my SF3s (silicone tips) and are about 100% more comfortable.

Oct 17, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #68 of 74
They isolate more than my Shure E500 and less than my Etymotic ER6i. Ety's are listed at 35db, so I'm guessing the livewires at close to 30db.

I'd feel safe wearing my ER6i at the shooting range for protection, and possibly the Livewires once the fit is adjusted so the seal doesn't break in the right ear. I would not feel safe wearing the Shure E500 to the shooting range except for shooting a .22 or .38.

I am not saying "listen to music" at the range, but I have on occasion forgotten my earmuffs, and IEM can sometimes suffice in their place.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #69 of 74
I'm thinking about getting a set of Livewires...but how bad is the sensitivity? I'd be listening primarily from a Cowon A2 PMP. I know the sound quality from that is better then an iPod...but will those still pick up much noise?

Oct 17, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #71 of 74
I ordered via livewires directly, but I am not going to say no to TTVJ because I don't want to kill his comission.

LW will have a 50 ohm resistor adapter soon, that will solve any hiss issues with a noisy source. A Shure volume attentuator works well too.

Oct 17, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #72 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered via livewires directly, but I am not going to say no to TTVJ because I don't want to kill his comission.

LW will have a 50 ohm resistor adapter soon, that will solve any hiss issues with a noisy source. A Shure volume attentuator works well too.

Well, I checked TTVJ.com, and it looks like he's charging the same price as going direct...probably easier going direct to EarPiece.

As for hissing, the Shure att. is cheap enough...and I imagine I can pick it up locally (so I can see if it's even needed first).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back