Here's my new computer:
IMG_0083.jpg

and my desk:
IMG_0084.jpg

excuse the crappy sony stereo...

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #379 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do u like your case? I've got a p180 getting here tomorrow. the stacker will stay w/ my rig but the p180 will house my HTPC (yeah, it's beefy for a htpc)

It's a great case. Much bigger than my previous, and much much heavier, but I don't move it around very often so not a big deal. I must confess I was expecting it to be a little more quiet ... I have the 3 tri-cool fans going, all at lowest speed, as well as an arctic cooling freezer 7 (and whatever the fan is on a 7900 GS KO) and it's not nearly as quiet as I had hoped for. Maybe I was expecting too much...? Either way, it's not a huge deal... about as noisy as my previous system... or so it seems.

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #380 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrkRipper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My rig is in a p180...I like it a lot, very quiet and keeps everything cool. As long you have space for it I think it would make a great HTPC case.

yeah, I think it'll be better then the Antec mini-tower I've got now... the mini-tower is nice in that it's small, but it has 2 80mm fans and is pretty loud, I had to put a slot fan in just to try to keep it cooler! I have a vf900 on the gpu and an a64 pro on the cpu. plus it's a major PITA to get a full ATX mobo in there, along w/ a few HDDs and the such.

and at the price I paid...
biggrin.gif

newegg has a $50 MIR, I got $15 rebate from PP and $10 from newegg

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #381 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekinwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
great suggestion, but i must say, it is hard to have that distance placement on a desktop computer setup... unless your desk is really square shaped

I know, but 'as close as you can get' is probably much better than having them so far apart as in some of the pictures I've seen here
blink.gif
There must be immense gaps in the soundstage.

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #382 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by okay_player /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my new computer:
[IMG*]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/okayplayer/computer/IMG_0083.jpg[/IMG]

and my desk:
[IMG*]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/okayplayer/computer/IMG_0084.jpg[/IMG]

excuse the crappy sony stereo...

did you get a p182 or the p180?

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:22 PM Post #384 of 723
My laptop rig that travels everywhere with me (it's hanging out in my gf's dorm in this picture). All my loseless files are on the LaCie D2 drive - dual-boot MacBook Pro 2.16GHz - Razer Pro Mouse - XTRA X-1 amp - HD595's. :

IMG_1140.JPG

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #385 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by okay_player /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a great case. Much bigger than my previous, and much much heavier, but I don't move it around very often so not a big deal. I must confess I was expecting it to be a little more quiet ... I have the 3 tri-cool fans going, all at lowest speed, as well as an arctic cooling freezer 7 (and whatever the fan is on a 7900 GS KO) and it's not nearly as quiet as I had hoped for. Maybe I was expecting too much...? Either way, it's not a huge deal... about as noisy as my previous system... or so it seems.

my antec solo also had a tricool. the noctua fan I got is much more silent while giving me the same temperatures. another option are scythe fans.
you can also try turning on and off each fan and see if it makes any difference in the temperatures. maybe with 2 fans you'll get the same performace with less noise
smily_headphones1.gif

And I've read somewhere that covering the top hole for the top fan gives good results. might be worth checking. cheers

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #388 of 723
Playing with the new camera.

DSC00010a.jpg

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:47 AM Post #390 of 723
DAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

226BW!! i went all over looking for that monitor this last weekend and it was out of stock everywhere!!!

DAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back