Post pics of your computer rigs here.
Jan 11, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #181 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice Tsunami rig K31TH3R, what fan controller is that in the front? I'm looking for a good fan speed controller that fits inside the closed door of the Tsunami without any problems.

thanks man
smily_headphones1.gif

that would be the sunbeam rheobus fan controller, excellent fan controller, can handle massive amounts of wattage.

i used different drive racks so i could push the fan controller in a bit when i closed the door, it pops in and out of the drive bay just a little bit if you put some pressure on it, so it works out pretty well.

but if you use screws on the fan controller you can't close the door on the case.

Jan 11, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #184 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesmondDavidH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my setup, MS2 on Senn stand, Marantz PM-63 amp and a super quiet Pentium M 740 (1.73@2.66GHz) with a X800XL, Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1, RAID-0 setup and so on.

o/

Woah, Pentium M.. How much did the mobo cost?

Jan 11, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #185 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the most important factor in a psu is stability, stable rails are a must. power and efficiency are also important. I would not spend money on a psu that is not at least 80% efficient because then it will just create more heat then necessary and thus be louder (or cause your other fans to need to be on more often/faster) and run up your electric bill.

No problems in that area either. I have never had problems with stability while using BeQuiet PSU.

I don't know what's the efficiency rate of BeQuiet PSU's but I'd guess it's pretty high.

Jan 11, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #187 of 723
Only decent pic i got of it... Can't see the computer case
frown.gif

OMG010.jpg

Jan 11, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #188 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woah, Pentium M.. How much did the mobo cost?

The mobo it's a ASUS P4P800-SE (60 bucks). The trick is using the CT-479 adapter from ASUS (30bucks)
cool.gif

It's still pretty fast and after all it's based on the Core architecture.

o/

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #189 of 723
I think it's good for 17 years old
cool.gif

Dual 2 Core 2.13GHz
2Go RAM
ATI Radeon X550
Sound Blaster Audigy for 5.1 with Logitech X-530, or simply my Float Model 2 with a home-made CMOY
smily_headphones1.gif

1.jpg

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #190 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmp72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's good for 17 years old
cool.gif

Dual 2 Core 2.13GHz
2Go RAM
ATI Radeon X550
Sound Blaster Audigy for 5.1 with Logitech X-530, or simply my Float Model 2 with a home-made CMOY
smily_headphones1.gif

1.jpg

Dual 2 Core and 2Go RAM
tongue.gif

-no worries! Play guitar right at the computer? i have that exact same peavy amp

Jan 12, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #191 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFxGeforced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dual 2 Core and 2Go RAM
tongue.gif

-no worries! Play guitar right at the computer? i have that exact same peavy amp

yess, very usefull to learn some songs with Guitar Pro 5
cool.gif
but a little bit too noisy these two monitors with single coils
blink.gif
frown.gif

If I only want to play guitar I can play with my other amp on the right side of the picture, a modded Gibson Super Medalist '68
icon10.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #192 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmp72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yess, very usefull to learn some songs with Guitar Pro 5
cool.gif
but a little bit too noisy these two monitors with single coils
blink.gif
frown.gif

If I only want to play guitar I can play with my other amp on the right side of the picture, a modded Gibson Super Medalist '68
icon10.gif

I dont play guitar, but i know my dad used to alot and he still has his, i think 64 or 74 jaguar. Whatever it is, its supposedly worth like over 4k, so i guess its nice.

Jan 12, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #193 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFxGeforced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont play guitar, but i know my dad used to alot and he still has his, i think 64 or 74 jaguar. Whatever it is, its supposedly worth like over 4k, so i guess its nice.

oh yeah! Fender Jaguar! nice guitar!
cool.gif

Jan 13, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #194 of 723
Hey there,
as promised, here is my shiny new Antec SOLO, is that shiny enough for you?
icon10.gif

Antec.Solo_1.jpg

Antec.Solo_3.jpg

System specs are no big deal: Athlon XP2800+, 1Gb Ram, Radeon 9800, 3 hard drives (total 570Gb). I only play two games, GT Legends and GTR2 so my system is more about silence. In that respect, here are the real silent-specs:

»» VGA Silencer for Radeon 9800 (it's that big cooler on the graphics card; has a 2 speed selector, low is inaudible and fast is good enough for gaming)

»» Antec Tricool fan (came with the case and it's already rattling in it's 2nd day!! anyway, inaudible on the low speed setting; will get a silent Noiseblocker or Scythe to replace it)

(by the way: the cable arrangement was not finished, it's much better now, and the CPU cooler is a crappy one from arctic, I'll only change it when I upgrade the cpu and then will get a fanless one)

»» Antec SOLO case with suspended hard-drives (fabulous case, fantastic hard-drive solution... more on this later; the 'suspenders' are not rubber as they used to be - they snapped apparently - they're a kind of elastic nylon or something; in case you're wondering, the drive are very stable and I can move the case around with no problem)

Antec.Solo_4.jpg

Antec.Solo_5.jpg

»» BeQuiet 350W PSU (nearly 2 years old but pretty silent; will only change it for a fanless one; used soft silicone for damping between the case and the PSU - check the pics)

Antec.Solo_6.jpg

Antec.Solo_7.jpg

rig_small.jpg

Finally a panoramic view; the case is hidden away; Hi-Fi to the left and monitor (more like a media center actually) to the right.

Antec SOLO
I cannot tell you how much this case has improved my listening experience. I think this subject hasn't been discussed in this forum as much as it should. Silence, (even for head-fiers) is should be top priority, a basic ingredient for a proper listening experience.

Hard-drives by themselves, sitting on your hand while idling sound like 'wooshh'. True!! just like a fan. But they vibrate A LOT. that vibration does not cause the drive to emit any noise. however, when it touches the case chassis (just barely touching it will do) those vibrations are transmited to the entire case which will vibrate and do a lot of 'HUUUMMMM'. with this system there is NO 'humming' and resting my hand on the case doesn't reveal any vibration.

another thing worth mentioning: grabing the side panel with one hand and knocking it with my 'highly calibrated fingers' produces a dry "thump" instead of the normal "pooow" with kind of an echo that the old case did. I believe it's because it has a vinyl layer on it but the metal itself doesn't seem like metal...more like plastic... but it is metalic.
blink.gif

This case is everything I could want from a 'silent' case. The perfect starting point for a silent system. My advice to anyone into silent computing is either an Antec P180 if you need extreme cooling besides silence, and a P150 or Solo if you have normal/moderate cooling needs. (P150 is a white Solo with PSU).

Jan 13, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #195 of 723
nice mini-review NeoVibe

i want to aim for a silent computer as well! my BT rig is already silent, easy to do because it's a weaker system... but my main rig with 7 hard drives is impossible to silent
very_evil_smiley.gif

i've already got fanless components (VGA, mobo, CPU) so the noisiest things in there are the PSU, hard drives, and possibly the coolermaster sleeve bearing fans (though when tested separately those were pretty quiet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back