Post photos of your workplace!
Aug 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

TheRobbStory

Banned
Since I imagine the vast majority of our posting comes from misuse of company resources, let's have a look at where everyone works!

This is my desk:
2753344757_48f628765c_o.jpg

This is the Broadcast Technologies Shop where my desk is:
2737219338_b11dfed87b_o.jpg

The atmosphere is that of a high school locker room. No girls allowed.

And I have no idea what these are for, but they should probably be repainted soon
biggrin.gif
:
2781585746_60d7bf8a14_o.jpg

Aug 20, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 21
My office cube.
I am standing with my back against the door, so parts of the room are not shown. But you get the picture..
wink.gif

officeho4.jpg

[size=xx-small]Sorry about the "messy" desk.
tongue.gif

The picture were taken some months back, and my desk is a lot cleaner now..[/size]

Aug 20, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 21
Only a "loaner office" for two months until the end of this month but I've liked it very much, great view.

2781813034_5a4f7cbe12.jpg

Macbook, a fixed line phone, coffee, a Headamp Pico and a pair of headphones (mine are ESW9) is all anybody would need anyway.
tongue.gif

2781813038_b5ec6da2b2.jpg

The unique building in the background is the new CCTV tower in Beijing, aptly dubbed "underpants".

Aug 20, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cameras are not permitted where I work, so no pics.
frown.gif
Kind of a bummer, because I have lots of cool test equipment on my bench.

It's been well over 10 years since I worked someplace where cameras were forbidden. I'm curious how they enforce such a rule know when it's impossible to buy a cell phone without a camera. Are you not allowed to bring your cell phones to work?

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 21
saint.panda;4631201 said:
2781813034_5a4f7cbe12.jpg

QUOTE]

That building in the background is very similar to the one in Cardiff, Wales:

city%20view.JPG

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's been well over 10 years since I worked someplace where cameras were forbidden. I'm curious how they enforce such a rule know when it's impossible to buy a cell phone without a camera. Are you not allowed to bring your cell phones to work?

For quite a while, cell phones with cameras were forbidden. Those rules have been relaxed, mostly due to the fact that cameras in phones are becoming almost standard. So, while we can bring our cell phones with cameras into non-secure areas, if you were caught taking a picture it would probably be your job. In our secure areas, you pretty much can't bring in anything - no cell phones, no thumb drives, calculators with memory, etc. We're a defense contractor, so we have very strict rules when it comes to certain things.

Aug 20, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For quite a while, cell phones with cameras were forbidden. Those rules have been relaxed, mostly due to the fact that cameras in phones are becoming almost standard. So, while we can bring our cell phones with cameras into non-secure areas, if you were caught taking a picture it would probably be your job. In our secure areas, you pretty much can't bring in anything - no cell phones, no thumb drives, calculators with memory, etc. We're a defense contractor, so we have very strict rules when it comes to certain things.

For me it was a defense contractor as well. But that was back in the mainframe days. I think we had 1 PC that the financial guy used. At one time we were doing word processing on CPM machines with 8 inch floppys.

One person in our office was working on a project that used a PDP-11. She used to cart around the disk packs from that. They were about 2 feet in diameter and a foot tall and probably held less the 1MB. Hard to sneak out with something like that

Aug 21, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me it was a defense contractor as well. But that was back in the mainframe days. I think we had 1 PC that the financial guy used. At one time we were doing word processing on CPM machines with 8 inch floppys.

One person in our office was working on a project that used a PDP-11. She used to cart around the disk packs from that. They were about 2 feet in diameter and a foot tall and probably held less the 1MB. Hard to sneak out with something like that

I started in computer field service back in 1978, so I've seen and worked on a lot of that stuff, including some real antiques. (Ever see canned logic?) Pretty hard to walk out with a hard drive back then.

Aug 21, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My office is a complete tip. Crap everywhere and totally disorganized, thankfully nobody cares. I dress like a slob and work flexitime
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, he asked for pictures.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back