post headphone plug replacement question....
Oct 3, 2015 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

marcink99

New Head-Fier
So I just finished replacing headphone plug on  my mtpg.It seems to me that one of the earbuds is playing slightly lower volume. (maybe 3% lower or so)
Is it possible that I did a bad soldering job? Not sure if I should get a new plug and try to redo it. I assume that when replacing plug that it ether works or not but would like to double check with more experienced people.My hearing is fine:)

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 4
  So I just finished replacing headphone plug on  my mtpg.It seems to me that one of the earbuds is playing slightly lower volume. (maybe 3% lower or so)
Is it possible that I did a bad soldering job? Not sure if I should get a new plug and try to redo it. I assume that when replacing plug that it ether works or not but would like to double check with more experienced people.My hearing is fine:)

Make sure you connected the right wires to the right soldering points on the 3.5mm plug. Pictures?

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 4
I did but I also just noticed that speaker balance does not work with the headphones. It seems I need a better plug this one is too small. The cover for the plug came with 3mm hole I had to do a lot of pulling to get my cable through perhaps that is causing crosstallk.

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Just a small update .... I got myself a new plug nys231bg and headphones work great. Iam so happy I manage to resurrect them. Playing with heat shrink wrap was fun too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back