Post-Apocalypse Music
Mar 7, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall2072
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F# A# infinity

I'm come across no darker album but its got light and hope in it too if you know how to look for it
smily_headphones1.gif

Solid, solid album. It would probably something instrumental for me too. Well, maybe not. Ummmmm... alright, it would either be something post-rock (ie. GYBE) , Van Morrison's Moondance, or (most likely) Neutral Milk Hotel's In An Aeroplane Over The Sea

Mar 7, 2006 at 7:51 AM Post #17 of 18
My 'single desert island piece' would depend on my mood at the moment of choice but would be one of:

Beethoven: Hammerklavier Sonota
Beethoven: Opus 131 String Quartet
Schubert: String Quintet
Schubert: Piano Sonata in B flat

As a basis for a new society I'd go for the Beethoven Quartet. It's not easy listening, but it is truly sublime. If people grew up on music like that there's no telling what they could achieve...

Mar 7, 2006 at 12:12 PM Post #18 of 18
first i thought - some vivaldi, or albinoni. that would make for a peaceful beginning, full of hope and innocence. beethoven's 9th for me has more of a "topple the old world"-passion than "build up a new one".

but then i had second thoughts, like whomever must have had when that question first popped up ages and ages ago: there's gotta be sadness in the world, raw emotion, tragedy even. otherwise all that is good and fine has no contrast to shine on.

so now i tend toward john coltrane's a love supreme. it's passionate, intricate and soulful. it has the power to heal the apocalypse's wounds but leaves some scars - i would want that for the new world, otherwise we/they would be doomed to repeat the mistakes that led to the apocalypse in the first place...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back