Post any photograph you want!
Dec 1, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #47 of 1,819
Resized-nike-air-seinfeld615x410.jpg

I'd kill for a pair of these!

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #49 of 1,819
upload_2017-12-8_21-58-6.png

Jan 6, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #52 of 1,819
Peter Green, when he hit bottom around 1976-77. He was diagnosed as being schizophrenic. According to Mick Fleetwood, Green took one too many LSD trip.

49435393_10218528348861161_2522105702172852224_o.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #53 of 1,819
B8D090C0-D56C-40E4-8427-0D893C4445BA.jpeg

Touch of Evil (1958)

Orson Welles’s Touch of Evil is usually considered one of the very last film noirs of the original period, and probably his last masterpiece. The genre would see a resurgence in the 1970s with films such as The Long Goodbye(1973) and Chinatown (1974), but by then it was starting to look and feel a little different – they were in colour for a start.

Welles hadn’t made a film in Hollywood for a decade (almost since The Lady from Shanghai) when B-movie producer Albert Zugsmith hired him for this sleazy tale set in a California-Mexico border town very like Tijuana. Everybody talks about the three-minute extended shot which opens the film, in which a bomb is placed in a car that then explodes after crossing the US border, but with good reason: has a movie ever thrown us into the thick atmosphere of a place with such flair and tension?

We’re in for a tale of marijuana, murder and police corruption and we’re already hooked. Charlton Heston is the Mexican border cop, Janet Leighhis imperilled wife, and Welles himself the gargantuan, cigar-chewing US detective Hank Quinlan who provides the genre with one of its best villains. This is pulp art writ large; noir at its baroque, sweaty, intoxicating best.

After seeing the final cut Orson Wells wrote a complete suggestion to the studio asking for his film to be put back together. Due to fragile censorship issues the film was released in 1958, becoming one of the last Film Noirs. Lucky film historians found the memo and have restored the film the way they think Wells would have wanted it. This reassembled film is widely available today and has earned the respect finally becoming the masterpiece it truly is.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #55 of 1,819

Touch of Evil (1958)

Orson Welles’s Touch of Evil is usually considered one of the very last film noirs of the original period, and probably his last masterpiece. The genre would see a resurgence in the 1970s with films such as The Long Goodbye(1973) and Chinatown (1974), but by then it was starting to look and feel a little different – they were in colour for a start.

Welles hadn’t made a film in Hollywood for a decade (almost since The Lady from Shanghai) when B-movie producer Albert Zugsmith hired him for this sleazy tale set in a California-Mexico border town very like Tijuana. Everybody talks about the three-minute extended shot which opens the film, in which a bomb is placed in a car that then explodes after crossing the US border, but with good reason: has a movie ever thrown us into the thick atmosphere of a place with such flair and tension?

We’re in for a tale of marijuana, murder and police corruption and we’re already hooked. Charlton Heston is the Mexican border cop, Janet Leighhis imperilled wife, and Welles himself the gargantuan, cigar-chewing US detective Hank Quinlan who provides the genre with one of its best villains. This is pulp art writ large; noir at its baroque, sweaty, intoxicating best.

After seeing the final cut Orson Wells wrote a complete suggestion to the studio asking for his film to be put back together. Due to fragile censorship issues the film was released in 1958, becoming one of the last Film Noirs. Lucky film historians found the memo and have restored the film the way they think Wells would have wanted it. This reassembled film is widely available today and has earned the respect finally becoming the masterpiece it truly is.

This memorable exchange between Quinlan (Welles) & Tana (the legendary Marlene Dietrich) :

Quinlan: What's my fortune? You've been reading the cards, haven't ya?
Tana: I've been doing the accounts.
Quinlan: Come on, read my future for me.
Tana: You haven't got any.
Quinlan: What do you mean?
Tana: Your future is all used up. Why don't you go home?

Love this movie.

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #58 of 1,819
AD780C3F-AB89-44E7-BD36-26108B4D6E75.gif
A4D87A16-3EB4-433B-9E35-F4912E7B7D18.gif
92D464EF-A59B-44B8-9960-E945D1D96193.gif

"You're a mess honey"

This memorable exchange between Quinlan (Welles) & Tana (the legendary Marlene Dietrich) :

Quinlan: What's my fortune? You've been reading the cards, haven't ya?
Tana: I've been doing the accounts.
Quinlan: Come on, read my future for me.
Tana: You haven't got any.
Quinlan: What do you mean?
Tana: Your future is all used up. Why don't you go home?

Love this movie.
Marlene Dietrich acts such a perfect character, and I do remember that part. Such a small but memorable role for her! If fact it’s mind boggling when you start to analyze the presentation she carries. IMO

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #59 of 1,819

"You're a mess honey"

Marlene Dietrich acts such a perfect character, and I do remember that part. Such a small but memorable role for her! If fact it’s mind boggling when you start to analyze the presentation she carries. IMO

I agree. Even in this small role Dietrich's screen presence is charismatic. Love the moving photo of her that you posted. She was still a stunningly beautiful woman.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back