Post and share your views and opinions about the future sa9 !!!
Jan 21, 2010 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Junliang

500+ Head-Fier
Okay guys, we first saw leaks at the video, which is an interview with sleek audio at CES(I hope I spelled it right) 2009.
And yeah, they leak about releasing new models, and the sa1 is out already
smily_headphones1.gif

Now, after listening/reading about the sa6, I believe that many of you guys out there have quite a high expectation of the sa9/ct9 right ?
biggrin.gif

I am not sure whether sleek audio drafted anything with regards to the sa9/ct9, or started it already though.

After much thoughts about various customs and from different brands.. with sleek audio's universal being one of the most versatile kind there is.. and many other reasons, its seems that I am most probably going to stick with sleek audio universal series, and not move on to their customs(But who knows in the future ?). *most likely getting the ACS T1 for customs, though it is a hard choice to let go of the ct6/ct9 as my first customs*

So yeah, let me start the ball rolling.

With regards to the sa1 and sa6, its nice that both moniters are symmetrical, such that we can use the left driver as the right driver and vice versa, and it can be use worn down or over the ears.
But seriously speaking here, I really wish that the sa9 is going to have good ergonomics(read; westone universal), in which it can sit flush in our ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Some reasons:
-Since the sa9 is going to be one of the highest end in sleek audio universal array, I believe it is targeted at us, audiophiles, hi fi enthusiasts, so I believe points like making it being able to wear downwards are quite redundant, though it would be nice to have, but if it is going to compromise the ergonomics, I would be glad to stick with one method of wearing. And beside, imo, the sa6 is quite microphonic when the cables is facing down, so whats the point ?
-With regards to the variable EQ system, I wish that it's changing options can be on par with the sa6, but the important thing that I wish is that, although there is audible difference while going from treble= to treble+ or any other options, it would be even better if the difference can be even vast.

Hope this helps in generating ideas for sa9, as I believe end-user pre-opinions are valuable as well
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 5
Oh yah, got to thank sleek audio with their great implementation of their silicon tips, they are by far one of the very few silicon tips that I actually use in the long run.
Foam tips are just too troublesome.

Jan 23, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay guys, we first saw leaks at the video, which is an interview with sleek audio at ESC(I hope I spelled it right) 2009.
And yeah, they leak about releasing new models, and the sa1 is out already . . .
With regards to the sa1 and sa6, its nice that both monitors are symmetrical . . . it can be use worn down or over the ears . . .

Some reasons:
-Since the sa9 is going to be one of the highest end in sleek audio universal array, I believe it is targeted at us, audiophiles, hi fi enthusiasts, so I believe points like making it being able to wear downwards are quite redundant, though it would be nice to have, but if it is going to compromise the ergonomics, I would be glad to stick with one method of wearing. And beside, imo, the sa6 is quite microphonic when the cables is facing down, so whats the point ?

First, did you mean CES (Consumer Electronics Show)?

Then next, the ability to wear it up or down has more to do with how the cable is than anything else. It's not like I rotate the earpieces or switch ears to do so. I simply rotate the coaxial plugs that go into the drivers. It does not seem like it would be particularly difficult to have the ability to wear it up and down without many problems.

Remember that some customs have this ability as well (other than the CT6). Livewires for example has a plug that goes into the driver units that can rotate. If those are ergonomic (apart from not inherently adapting to changes in the ear canal), I don't know what is :p.

In any case, even if an SA9 were introduced, at this point it is unlikely that I would get it due to budget constraints in combination with college and needing to upgrade other components first (namely portable source and USB DAC).

I agree with the comment about the tips to some degree. I find the medium to be just slightly larger than I would like and the small to be impossible to get a seal, but this is inherently a problem for some people as tips must be designed to fit a broad spectrum of people to at least an acceptable degree. One thing that happens with me is that I have to take them out every so often for a reason that is hard to describe. I guess I could say that it feels like there some degree of heat and/or humidity buildup in my ear that is somewhat uncomfortable. I like them overall because they isolate a lot compared to say the RE-2 dual flange which is comfortable due to relatively shallower insertion.

Jan 23, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by kirtar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First, did you mean CES (Consumer Electronics Show)?

Then next, the ability to wear it up or down has more to do with how the cable is than anything else. It's not like I rotate the earpieces or switch ears to do so. I simply rotate the coaxial plugs that go into the drivers. It does not seem like it would be particularly difficult to have the ability to wear it up and down without many problems.

Remember that some customs have this ability as well (other than the CT6). Livewires for example has a plug that goes into the driver units that can rotate. If those are ergonomic (apart from not inherently adapting to changes in the ear canal), I don't know what is :p.

In any case, even if an SA9 were introduced, at this point it is unlikely that I would get it due to budget constraints in combination with college and needing to upgrade other components first (namely portable source and USB DAC).

I agree with the comment about the tips to some degree. I find the medium to be just slightly larger than I would like and the small to be impossible to get a seal, but this is inherently a problem for some people as tips must be designed to fit a broad spectrum of people to at least an acceptable degree. One thing that happens with me is that I have to take them out every so often for a reason that is hard to describe. I guess I could say that it feels like there some degree of heat and/or humidity buildup in my ear that is somewhat uncomfortable. I like them overall because they isolate a lot compared to say the RE-2 dual flange which is comfortable due to relatively shallower insertion.

yup.. CES haha.

Actually, yes and no.
For livewires, they are really designated for a particular direction only, other than that direction, signals will be lost, proven by plenty of friends who use the lw2/lw3.
The great thing about SA's plug is that its not using pins like UE/JH, so you can twist it in whichever direction you like, as the signal is not "pin-point", but "circular".
What I mean is to improve on the ergonomics of the SA universal iems. Look at the SA1 and SA6, you can roughly guage the design of the sa9 in the minds of SA's designers. So yeah, I am trying to change that thinking hopefully
redface.gif
Just think of a CT6 with top mount design(not the side mount), with cables down, it would be awfully microphonics. Even with side mount design, I believe its going to be quite microphonics too @_@

Well, as for me, my orginal intention and aim is to have one customs and one universal, and with regards to universal, I am quite sure that I would be sticking with SA, so I am pinning high hopes on their highest tier SA9, which hopefully would be able to meet my expectations. And of course, its not going to be "at this point" of time, but in the future. *You have a plan in your audio journey, no ?*

Seriously, their silicon tips are one of the best out there, tried shure's dual flange or westone dual flange and it didn't even come close to the comfort SA's dual flange gave me @_@, absolute the best for me. Foam tips are too troublesome, yet most silicon tips are not reaching my standard for isolation, and sa6 with its dual flange actually meet my expectations and all my needs, hence hoping for a high/improved product(sa9) over the sa6.

Just a slight comment about the sa6/ct6, my friend changed from sa6 to ct6, and me still sticking to my sa6, we both still have similar problems, we love the sound and everything about the xx6, few issues were that it sounds congested at complicated passages, and the bass doesn't goes deep enough, other than those 2 cons, we love our xx6 very much.

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #5 of 5
Oh didn't know that little detail about the LWs. As for the "at this point," said statement will probably apply for a couple years. After I do my currently planned upgrades, I'm going to need the money for other things (say food and such), so odds are unless something breaks, I'll be waiting around, and who knows what will come out during that time.

I've heard good things about Klipsch's tips and they are supposed to fit on the SA6, although I'm not exactly inclined to buy something where I already have sufficient functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back