Post a picture of your Headphone Rig.
Aug 13, 2004 at 9:33 PM Post #526 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
here's my current budget setup for the living room (where the Urban Outfitters Dish Chair currently resides):

PICT0026a.jpg

the source will be replaced with Samsung's universal player once that comes out.

Is that an IKEA Corras? I can't believe you didn't contribute to my Corras thread
biggrin.gif
Just kidding!

Aug 13, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #527 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
Yeah, that Grace really is a great budget amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
yep the grace and the audio technica can isn't exactly budget. but the PCDP...I wonder, how is that source flowing through such tasty goodness?

compared to my main setup... it really is a budget setup.
tongue.gif
the PCDP is only temporary, I'm going to get a samsung universal player for that soon. (hopefully) Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
Is that an IKEA Corras? I can't believe you didn't contribute to my Corras thread
biggrin.gif
Just kidding!

I would have contributed, but I registered here a few days after you made that thread and I would assume that with the number of threads that are made here daily it was buried deep within the forums by then.
tongue.gif
nevermind that I wasn't using it as a headphone equipment stand at that time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2004 at 11:44 AM Post #532 of 1,639
Guess I will post some updates to my setup. The cans go first
smily_headphones1.gif

all_cans.jpg

Grado HP1000, Grado RS1, Grado SR-325, Audio Technica W1000, Audio Technica A500, AKG 501, Beyer 250-80, Etymotic ER-6 (missing in action), Senn 600 + Red Clou, Ultrasone HFI-650, Shure E5c

edit: added the pic, description

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:41 AM Post #535 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by dariusf
Guess I will post some updates to my setup. The cans go first
smily_headphones1.gif

all_cans.jpg

Grado HP1000, Grado RS1, Grado SR-325, Audio Technica W1000, Audio Technica A500, AKG 501, Beyer 250-80, Etymotic ER-6 (missing in action), Senn 600 + Red Clou, Ultrasone HFI-650, Shure E5c

edit: added the pic, description

How can you choose between all these cans, when you will listen to music? I should be ambivalent and pick one can after another until I was totally crazy. But still I am envious.

Georg Langrath

Sep 13, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #537 of 1,639
hey how do the 600's compare with the w1000's? I would really like to know. Cause I want to get the w1000's in the future.

Sep 13, 2004 at 8:40 AM Post #539 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by cellophane
Darius, I'm, just curious as to why the Grado's are stretched out to varyong degrees. The hp's (I think) are majorly huge, while the ones on the bottom are tiny.

the HP1000 cans have a thick metal rod that is hard to bend so they are shaped / bent to fit the head of the user. the later grado cans use a (thin) sheet of metal that can be easily stretched so there is no need to stretch them permanently out.

Sep 13, 2004 at 10:59 AM Post #540 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
the HP1000 cans have a thick metal rod that is hard to bend so they are shaped / bent to fit the head of the user. the later grado cans use a (thin) sheet of metal that can be easily stretched so there is no need to stretch them permanently out.

Thats it. When I got it at first it did looks strange to be this wide but its just normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back