Post a picture of your Headphone Rig.
Oct 4, 2003 at 6:37 AM Post #241 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
^ Topdog, you should take the silly "for digital" stickers off your MDR-V6s.
smily_headphones1.gif
They look so much better without.

Done....I didn't realize it was a sticker LOL
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2003 at 1:51 PM Post #242 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Mr.PD: I absolutely love that round Altoids amp you have, it's really cool
biggrin.gif

It's the first I've seen like that. Very nice. What's the blue cable? Did JMT make that?

The blue cable is one I made. I took two runs of silver plated Belkin cable and made a twisted pair set up. I suffed that into the blue CAT5 jacket.
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2003 at 1:43 AM Post #244 of 1,639
Heck 'wit it...

new-2.jpg

Taken about 3 minutes ago. Simple, basic, sounds nice... this is what I listen to while chatting with y'alls (amp soon to be replaced with a super maxed Meta42... hope it's as resistant to EMI from the computer as the Creek is, or I'll have to find some mu-metal for shielding).

And now for a break with anonymity...

new-1.jpg

Mirrors rule, but lighting is a problem when you can't use the flash (the T-shirt is olive-green). I look a little bit like my avatar, eh?
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #245 of 1,639
Well, since I was able to get a replacement digicam, I guess I had no more excuses as to why I hadn't posted a photo of my rig. So, here's a shot, sorry 'bout the messy desk.

http://slrshooter.hypermart.net/Dougstuff.htm

(OBTW, the coins on the KGSS are in a spot where the most heat builds-up. An improvised heatsink to compensate for the lack of O2 at this altitude.
biggrin.gif
)

Oct 18, 2003 at 4:52 AM Post #249 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by vrao81
Heh, I have the same printer
biggrin.gif

They're really great little printers. Plus, the replacement toners are about half of what an HP one costs. For about $300 they are simply impossible to beat. Brother has really made a mark on the laser printer world with their really low prices, high quality, and cheaper replacement toner. I sure love this thing to death and am glad I paid to ship it down here. I used an Epson in Costa Rica and the cost of replacement cartridges down here is out of this world. Now, for about $75 I can get a double yield cartridge that will last me about 6000 pages of printing. That's what I like, a bargain that works well.

fewtch,

Thanks for adding the self-protrait. Adds some class to your rig and adds some personalized touches that help us identify who owns it instead of some impersonal name. Cool!

Oct 18, 2003 at 5:30 AM Post #250 of 1,639
Doug,

I wish more people would post pictures of themselves, and there was a section of the board to do so... I enjoyed reading your recent article more with your picture at the top than I would have with no picture. It would be cool (and a lot of fun) to know what people looked like around here, rather than those inaccurate mental pictures we all form while chatting
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2003 at 7:53 AM Post #252 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2
Show us some nice photo's of yourself. Maybe a bump?

Eh, too many people posting fakes & weak attempts at humour. Most people probably think they look 'too ordinary', but the same people probably don't realize nobody thinks so but them.

Oct 18, 2003 at 8:08 AM Post #253 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
(OBTW, the coins on the KGSS are in a spot where the most heat builds-up. An improvised heatsink to compensate for the lack of O2 at this altitude.
biggrin.gif
)

Glad i'm not the only one who actually did that with pennies. Everyone who visited my dorm room thought I was just making it up. Don't have a pic cause I no longer use my AudioAlchemy amp but I had probably 4 layers of pre-1965 pennies (more copper) and several older nickels (tin gets rid of heat faster... I think) and some Canadian coin because I couldn't do anything else with it.

Oct 18, 2003 at 8:36 AM Post #254 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by kelston
Glad i'm not the only one who actually did that with pennies. Everyone who visited my dorm room thought I was just making it up. Don't have a pic cause I no longer use my AudioAlchemy amp but I had probably 4 layers of pre-1965 pennies (more copper) and several older nickels (tin gets rid of heat faster... I think) and some Canadian coin because I couldn't do anything else with it.

How cool. I just figured I could add a little surface area to draw off a little more heat than the standard sheet of metal on top of the amp. While the metal is quite thick and heavy, when you get up here at almost 10000ft up in the Andes mountains the lack of air makes things run a bit hotter than normal. In fact, the limit for running certain items is 10000ft, so we are borderline on some fan cooled items. But hey, I gotta live on the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back