Possible Vancouver BC Meet
Feb 10, 2006 at 12:20 PM Post #136 of 168
Yeah the dynahi kinda has a very quiet hum in the right ear atm, but haven't figured out if it's my power configuration or due to the amp... skullguise had the amp before, but found once he changed his setup the hum went away but haven't had enough time to play with it. But basically once you start playing music you can't hear it at all, even at the lowest volume setting. But I got it for like 1/2 price so I'm happy cuz it sounds amazing.

I was wondering what time this meet runs until? I know it starts at 7pm, but is it over at a designated time like 9 or 10pm? I know because they have a barista there for us, we have to keep in mind their labor cost issues etc. and letting them get home at a reasonable hour (for them anyways) because they close 7 days a week at 7pm. I'm debating whether to go to drop-in volleyball first at 5pm and then show up late at around 8pm, but it'll matter what time the meet ends.

I'm really stoked to try the dynahi with rmx's G07 if we get a chance and A/B the G07 vs. DAC1 to see how much of an upgrade the G07 would be. Also, I'm hoping somebody has some sweet interconnects, I'm just using Belden 89259 with Cardas SLVR... DIY $30 cables basically... hoping someone has better stuff like Grovers or Oriteks, but who knows.

Also, I was thinking about nametag stickers or something, just cuz nobody's gonna know each other and it'll be easier to be friendly instead of just saying "hey buddy".... maybe your real name/screen name or something like that. Couldn't be more than a couple bucks at pharmasave or something.

Last but not least, i thought i'd give some bumpage to rmx's important post that's currently midway thru the thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmx
As far as cover charge is concerned, I'm working on that with them. The lady I spoke with did say the best they could probably do is a one drink minimum purchase for everyone that comes in, just to cover the cost of having a barista there just for us.... more on this as it develops.

Also, since this is a public meet (head-fi is public and I'm sure we'll have a lot of new faces) I'm going to ask that everyone bring ID and check in with me to sign in when they get there - a small security measure to keep attendees and gear accounted for, and also so we dont have any walk-ins walking away with somebody's gear.

I also encourage all of you to put little sticky labels on all your gear with your name and phone number on them, before you come in - the more you can label the better - interconnects, converters, that sort of thing too... last time was very good because of the private location in SFU's lab, but Anarchris still lost a grado 1/4th adapter, and I'd like to prevent that happening this time.

Feb 10, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #137 of 168
My K271's came in! Looks like I'm bringing another thing with me!

I'm also going to try and bring a friend... I've got him hooked on Grado sound, let's see how much damage we can do to this wallet!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Updated Gear List - 10 Feb 2006, up to post #137

'Phones

Alessandro MS-1 (eVITAERC)
Alessandro MS-2 (Anachris)
Alessandro MS-2i (rmx) - Headphile recabled blacksilver
AKG K24 (Clutz)
AKG K26 (Clutz)
AKG K271S (roastpuff)
AKG K1000 (Aliacha)
Audio-Technica ATH-A900 (Enricht)
Audio-Technica ATH-W2002 (iamsmrt)
Audio-Technica EM9D (iamsmrt)
Audio-Technica EW9 (iamsmrt)
Beyerdynamic DT880 (Anachris)
Etymotic ER4P > S (AdamWill)
Grado HF-1 (AdamWill)
Grado HP-2 (Aliacha)
Grado RS-1 (Anachris)
Grado SR-60 (Anilan) - modded
Grado SR-80 (Shion)
Grado SR-225 (roastpuff)
iBuds! (tilt)
Koss Portapro (Anachris) (vanJerry)
Sennheiser HD580 (Clutz)
Sennheiser HD590 (CLutz)
Sennheiser HD595 (Anachris)
Sennheiser HD600 (Anilan) - recabled starquad.
Sennheiser HD414 (Finzup)
Sennheiser HD477 (aaronl)
Shure E3 (eVITAERC)
Shure E2 (roastpuff)
Sony D77 Eggo (AdamWill)

Amplification

Millet Hybrid (eVITAERC) (rmx) (Clutz)
Maxed PPA (Clutz)
Xin Supermini V3 (rmx)
Bada PH-1 (Anachris)
PA2v2 (Finzup)(roastpuff)
Headsave Homevibe (Enricht)
Dynahi (iamsmrt)
PortaCordaII (iamsmrt)
Firestone Cute Beyond (AdamWill)
Headroom Cosmic (Anilan)

Source

Benchmark DAC1 (iamsmrt)
Budget DVD Player (iamsmrt)
Diyparadise Monica-2 TDA1545 DAC (eVITAERC)
Meridian G07 CDP (rmx)
iPod Shuffle (rmx)
PSP (roastpuff)
Firestone Spitfire DAC (AdamWill)
MiniDAC (Aliacha)
iRiver HP-120 (Aliacha)
iRiver CD Player (Shion)

If I missed anyone, let me know and I will update the list to reflect that.

EDIT: Wow, that's a fair bit of gear. [/British understatement]

Feb 10, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #138 of 168
Can someone make a complete list of confirmed people going. Or could you just post that (you're going/ not going) for sure.

Feb 11, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #140 of 168
95% in. 5% chance of dad doing something random that involves the whole family.

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #141 of 168
hi all,

only 2 more sleeps. you can count me in considering i'm iamsmrt's chauffeur. i'll also bring some stuff, nothing really significant except for my e4c's (graduation present from the bf--yes, he is smrt). i'm not really in the mood for sharing earwax these days so i'll bring an extra pair of foamies for y'all and you're also welcome to bring your own to plug in.

are we going to be ok for sources? seems like we have a lot of gear to test out for the amount of sources that are listed. ???

eggosmile.gif

Feb 11, 2006 at 11:00 AM Post #144 of 168
i will volunteer and go purchase a box of nametag stickers for the meet! YAY for stickers!

and if you're not excited now about stickers, you better be excited by SUNDAY.

Feb 11, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #146 of 168
Hi all...

I'm on the lookout for Mini-Mini Interconnects.. so if anyone is selling one please bring one : )

Applebook! I see you are buying a new cord for your Sennheisers. Mind if I buy your old stock ones for at cost? I prefer not to ship all the way from Sennheiser USA.

Aside from that, I'm looking for Old Sennheiser Grills : )

Feb 12, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #147 of 168
I'm going for sure. Just confirming. Cuz you know.... confirmation is good or something.

Feb 12, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #148 of 168
Confirmed List of Attendees So Far

roastpuff
iamsmrt
enricht
eVITAERC
Shion
moniki_123
applebook

-------

Well, come on! PM me or something.... confirmation is good or something, as eVITAERC said.

Feb 12, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #149 of 168
I'll be there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back