Possible Vancouver BC Meet
Feb 3, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #121 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shion
One question: I'm a newbie to this world. Would I be welcome even with no experience? Is it ok that I have so little to contribute in terms of gear? Would you have patience for someone who doesn't even know all the terminology?

Be honest with me, I don't mind^_^ I hope to join you guys and have a good time.

I have never heard Grado SR80, so there you go. I will be very eager to try out your Grado SR80.

Feb 3, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #122 of 168
Hi,

I've been lurking head-fi for a few months anguishing over a jump to 880's, 990's or 701's-- something that's great for movies etc in addition to music.

(I'm a student of film and have a nice Totem/Harman Kardon home theatre sys but my apartment demands headphones and after a couple years on Portapros I'm ready to upgrade.)

I'm going to try to be there but all I have are just more humble Portapros so I'd feel like a sponge
rolleyes.gif

--Oh, and til I replace my expired Mac I'm surfing from a cafe so please excuse any delay replying to anybody.

Feb 4, 2006 at 9:25 AM Post #123 of 168
I've only got my Senn HD477's, but I can bring them.

I'm thinking of getting some UM2s, so I'd like to try out some IEMs - should I buy tips so I can demo some IEM's? Where can tips be gotten in Vancouver?

Feb 4, 2006 at 10:03 AM Post #124 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronl
Where can tips be gotten in Vancouver?

You can get some tips from http://www.gearforce.com/
It is located in Vancouver.

Feb 7, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #126 of 168
Very interested - count me in as probable attendee!

Gear is SR225, E2C, PA2V2, PSP... hopefully my K271S have come in by then.

Feb 9, 2006 at 9:52 AM Post #129 of 168
Count my 701 out, looks like i'll only be getting it in April.
Fingers crossed i make the cut though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebook
Is anyone bringing any Silver/ Blue Dragon, Equinox, Cardas, Zu, or RnB Senn cable, especially balanced?

This, along with the 701 and the CD3000 are the only things that really interest me right now.

Feb 9, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #131 of 168
Hey guys, just picked up my Dynahi from Seattle and it rocks, so i'll have it for the meet...

i'll be bringing my budget DVD player as a transport but it plays burnt discs and i'm pretty sure it even plays mp3 discs, so bring whatever music ya like etc. etc. Only 3 more days!

Feb 9, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #132 of 168
Hey guys, just want to let you know that after few days of confirming I am sure I will not be able to make it. There is another important event coming up on the same day that I can not miss, so I will just give my best wish to all who can attend to have a wonderful time there.

Again, big thanks to RMX, although I can not attend.

Feb 10, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #134 of 168
Ack, can't go.
Another meeting missed! I think this is the third one that I missed? :/

Well, I have no cans deserving to go with me anyways. Maybe when I get my PX100's and ATH-FC7's.

Have fun, all!

Feb 10, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #135 of 168
Sounds like tons of fun but unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

You guys have fun!

As for me, I am waiting to get my Etymotic ER-4P from the used sale forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back