Originally Posted by rmx
Meet location and Date will be finalized by Wednesday
biggrin.gif

Wednesday!

Jan 12, 2006 at 9:12 AM Post #63 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliacha
Wednesday!

Right you are. Trying to get in touch with Brad from Wicked Cafe, but no luck so far... few more days guys.

Jan 16, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #65 of 168
wow I can't believe i've been registered since Nov 2001 and I haven't gone to a single local meet!

so something about not going to SFU because you're not a student anymore? Aren't most areas on campus free to anyone on weekends? Places like the AQ, West Mall Complex (above Raven's Cafe), etc.

Just phoned up my gf...she's going to inquire about the area above WMC and how renting that works. Was just curious, it's probably too short notice to rent that out, but thought I would ask since she would know (Student Marketing Association, they usually rent it).

Jan 16, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #66 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
wow I can't believe i've been registered since Nov 2001 and I haven't gone to a single local meet!

so something about not going to SFU because you're not a student anymore? Aren't most areas on campus free to anyone on weekends? Places like the AQ, West Mall Complex (above Raven's Cafe), etc.

Just phoned up my gf...she's going to inquire about the area above WMC and how renting that works. Was just curious, it's probably too short notice to rent that out, but thought I would ask since she would know (Student Marketing Association, they usually rent it).

Yeah, if you see how much gear we usually have at these things, its preferable to have it at a quiet (private) place. The only place I could do that at SFU was my private labs... can't do that anymore unfortunately. I'm sure Wicked cafe will be perfect for this... lets give it a try this time around
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #67 of 168
Sounds cool but my rig is far from portable. Let me know the date. Cheers.

Jan 17, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #70 of 168
Quote:

btw how do you guys test IEM's at these meets anyways? Isn't that process kind of unsanitary?

just lick it, and stick it.
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #71 of 168
Quote:

btw how do you guys test IEM's at these meets anyways? Isn't that process kind of unsanitary?

If you are concerned, you can buy some foams and bring it to the meet, and use your own foam or other kind of sleeves.

Jan 18, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #72 of 168
Any estimate on the day yet? Still on January or early February? My schedule is coming out for the rest of January so I have to get some dates off or hopefully have it off by chance.

Jan 18, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #73 of 168
If this meet doesn't happen, we should plan for one in June to celebrate head-fi's 5th anniversary. With more planning i bet we could persuade some businesses to jump on board as sponsors and maybe let us audition some gear or even have discounts/prizes.

Jan 18, 2006 at 7:54 AM Post #74 of 168
Brad hasnt gotten back to me yet - I'll pop by the shop again tommorow to see if I can get him. Sorry guys... just coordination issues I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back