Possible upgrade time!!
Dec 6, 2009 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Bradrj1029

100+ Head-Fier
Ok guys I think it is time to upgrade to a better pair of cans..

Right now I have the grado sr80s,, Love em.

I have about 150 to spend on a new, more improved pair of cans. Something that doesnt HAVE to be amplified. I have a receiver that has a 1/4 jack maybe I could use that to amplify the sound from my laptop but yeah im lookin for something around or under 150, that sounds better than the sr80s. I listen to alot of Progressive metalcore, metal, rock, all that. Some rap, hip hop at times also, Pink Floyd too!

So what would you recommend at that price range? Thanks!

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradrj1029 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok guys I think it is time to upgrade to a better pair of cans..

Right now I have the grado sr80s,, Love em.

I have about 150 to spend on a new, more improved pair of cans. Something that doesnt HAVE to be amplified. I have a receiver that has a 1/4 jack maybe I could use that to amplify the sound from my laptop but yeah im lookin for something around or under 150, that sounds better than the sr80s. I listen to alot of Progressive metalcore, metal, rock, all that. Some rap, hip hop at times also, Pink Floyd too!

So what would you recommend at that price range? Thanks!

For rock the MS1i's are tough to beat at that price range.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #9 of 9
It only looks like one person that posted has even bought the MS1's.. (I'm sure they sound good though..)

But it seems like their sound would be much more similar to your SR80 than another brand would be, so if you like the Grado sound and want a more refined sound then you should get the MS1.

But if you want a different sound/different style then you should look into some other brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back