Possible to repair iem resin shell?
Mar 22, 2024 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

msing539

Headphoneus Supremus
I purchased a Kinera Nanna 2.0 brand new not long ago but recently sold it to help fund another iem.

When the new user received them, he sent photos of the resin on one side:

qbic0m8qbrpc1.jpeg

These weren't like this when they left and I've never dropped them. Haven't even taken them outdoors. Even though this is still under warranty, Kinera says it's caused by sweat and doesn't affect the functionality. I've never worn these working out cause... I don't. Seriously always been babied so not sure how this happened.

I've listed them in Classifieds: https://www.head-fi.org/members/msing539.556338/classifieds-listings

But is this repairable with a resin epoxy or something else? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 4
I'd ask them what they coat it with to get the same finish. Some people have tried clear nail polish or they make little paint chip car paint repair bottles with clear coat. They just have a little ball on the tip to fill tiny spots like paint chips on cars.

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks, I'll try asking. Responses are slow from them.

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, I'll try asking. Responses are slow from them.
I'd try the clearcoat paint repair kit. I have one for the car and you can just put one drop down with precision for a crack or spot. Clear nail polish might work, but removing overspill might be a nightmare because nail polish remover can take off everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back