Possible to "recable" UM2 to dual-bore ?
Nov 5, 2005 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tayano

100+ Head-Fier
Do you thinks that it's theoretical possible to modd the um2 cables so they get dual-bore system ?

I'm gettng my um56 soon and IF this "modd" is possible and westone is ready to make it for some bucks I'll have an um2 hybrid
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 10
Yah, recabling will not give you dual-bore. You have to modify the nozzle to make it dual bore.

Nov 8, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by labrat
You know what "dual-bore" is?
It is two sound-producing-devices,in one ear-bud, with two individual/separate channels/holes/"bores" leading into your ear-channels.
So tell me how re-cabling could mod anything into "dual-bore" if it was not "dual-bore" from the start?

Damn play nice man, he's just asking
icon10.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23
It's possible. It's also recommend you send them in for repair. Within the first year, no charge.

Hey, do you work for Westone? Can you tell me the sonic difference btw UM2s /w custom tip and ES2s?

Nov 8, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 10
Yep. Artist Relations.

The sound is much larger on the ES2 over the UM2 w/ UM56's. Main reason is the UM2 has a single sound bore, so the frequencies compete a bit. The ES2 has a single sound bore for each driver and they are a larger diameter as well allowing the frequencies more room.

I use both. UM2 for mtn biking, skiing, etc. ES2 for chilling out or on stage.

Nov 8, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23
It's possible. It's also recommend you send them in for repair. Within the first year, no charge.

This wasn't an answer to the topic ,right ? I hoped so but then I saw atart's post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back