Possible to pair standard Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Speakers with GMX sub/amp?
Mar 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

amonduul

New Head-Fier
Anyone know if the speakers from this:
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO

would be compatible with the sub/amp combo from this:
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-GMX-Personal-System-Speakers/dp/B0000AE82C/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1395064638&sr=1-1&keywords=promedia+gmx

The drivers in my old GMX system seem to have come loose at some point and I recall reading that the standard Promedia 2.1 system was much better. (plus the GMX speakers look hilarious)

I'm hoping to get better range out of the 2.1 system in my small apartment while using the sub only as much as needed so I don't bug the neighbors. I found a pair of the THX speakers on craigslist for cheap.

Thanks guys, this place is always super helpful!

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 5
Now that I think about it I think a mini-amplifier and a decent pair of bookshelf speakers would make more sense for not much more money. I hate boomy bass!
eek.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 5
Now that I think about it I think a mini-amplifier and a decent pair of bookshelf speakers would make more sense for not much more money. I hate boomy bass! :eek:

Yep. Makes sense to me to go this route. Too many potential complications trying to wire in the Promedia speakers.

For a good budget set of speakers, look into the Andrew Jones Pioneer bookshelves. Excellent sound for the money.

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #4 of 5
That's good to hear. I actually went and bought a Lepai LP-2020A+. Now I'm just torn between the Sony SS-B-1000s and the Pioneer SP-BS21 and 41. Obviously the ones with larger drivers will have fuller bass, but the bs21 is really tempting at $49
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #5 of 5
The pioneers have very good sound for the money. You could always add a Dayton SUB1000 or Polk PSW10 later on for more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back