Possible to change Senn HD 280 Pro cable?
Oct 27, 2003 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Keyz316

New Head-Fier
Hi all --

I'm new here, this looks like quite an excellent forum
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyhow... I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's, and lately the coiled cable on them has been getting more and more on my nerves (always getting tangled with itself, never quite long enough, etc).

I was wondering if there is any method of opening them up and switching to my own different cable? I don't see any way really, though I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask all you pros here
smily_headphones1.gif

From now on I'm trying to buy only headphones with removable cables hehe... having them permanent has been unlucky for me I think hehe (just had a perfectly good pair of AKG K240M's have its cable severed... had to do a lousy looking repair job on it haha).

Anyhow, thanks in advance for your advice.

Oct 27, 2003 at 9:33 AM Post #2 of 4
Welcome to Head-Fi.... Sorry about your wallet...
600smile.gif

(First time I've gotten to say that!!
biggrin.gif
)

As for the cable, If you have a look in the manual that came with them, it has instructions for replacing the cable, but I think it may only be with an identical spare part. however, if you're a DIYer, it would be easily adaptable to almost any other sort of cord.

Depends on if you're up to the task of soldering and stuff like that...

There's a good thread on a Singapore member replacing the cable on his DT880's, which looked to be un-moddable...

The DIY'ers here would argue that nothing is un-moddable..
biggrin.gif

Enjoy your time at head-fi

Oct 27, 2003 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 4
Ah sweet... I forgot I even had a manual for em... had to go dig it out of a box in my garage
tongue.gif

Yep here it is... won't even require any soldering or anything - just unscrew underneath the earpiece and switch the wire's connector. This is better than I expected (was worried I'd have to do things that'd void the warranty hehe).

Thanks for your help
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back