Possible to change name?
Apr 19, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #18 of 21
I agree with ken36, even my husband who doesn’t read Headfi knows who bangraman is.
icon10.gif

If you decide to change it, maybe a mod can restore your post count and join date, otherwise some new members may ignore your good advice thinking you’re a newbie.
frown.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #19 of 21
Good luck with changing the name, it's probably best if you don't like it anymore. Presumably a more 'neutral' one might be the best thing. Mine is boring, but it is at least recognisably me...

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #20 of 21
Attempting to revive a long dead thread here, but please hear me out.

I also think that I would like to change my name. I don't want to create a new account as to lose my posts and trader feedback. I don't care too much about the posts, but the trader feedback is not easy to get back.

I also have some reviews that I did that are laughable at best. I plan to delete them and change my picture as part of my rebranding effort.

Why do I want to change my name you ask? Look at it. It looks like it was created by some ignorant teenager who thought he was hot stuff (it was). When I went to Chi Un Fi last summer, people would ask me my name on the forums, everyone struggled not to laugh. I'm man enough to take it, but at the same time, I want to be taken seriously.

On the topic of being taken seriously, I said some downright dumb stuff on the forums a few years ago. I don't want that negative weight held above everything I say on here. If I had so much positive weight behind my name like so many others, I'd never change it. But too often, I feel it is the opposite.

I don't want to share what I want to make my name, because I am afraid someone will troll me and make an account with that exact name so I can't have it. But it is simple, mature, timeless, memorable, and embodies everything that I as a person stand for.

I would love to hear what anyone/everyone has to say.

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #21 of 21
  Why do I want to change my name you ask? Look at it. It looks like it was created by some ignorant teenager who thought he was hot stuff (it was). When I went to Chi Un Fi last summer, people would ask me my name on the forums, everyone struggled not to laugh. I'm man enough to take it, but at the same time, I want to be taken seriously.

Just pretend you were being ironic when you made it. It's all the rage these days.

On the topic of being taken seriously, I said some downright dumb stuff on the forums a few years ago. I don't want that negative weight held above everything I say on here. If I had so much positive weight behind my name like so many others, I'd never change it. But too often, I feel it is the opposite.

I say stupid stuff all the time. It's all right; no one who deserves your respect will look back at those posts and judge you poorly because of them. Plus, they're not just going to go away because of a name change. You would need a new account for that.

I don't want to share what I want to make my name, because I am afraid someone will troll me and make an account with that exact name so I can't have it. But it is simple, mature, timeless, memorable, and embodies everything that I as a person stand for.

If it's "St0n3r4Life" I will love you forever
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back