Possible soundcard w/ Headphones purchase
Jul 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

FaustianEchoes

New Head-Fier
Hello

I've made a post on the helping and recommendations section and someone told me to come here.

So this is my situation:

Right now,  I need to buy a new set of headphones. Their use is mostly on pc/ipod at home.

At first I was tempted to buy the HD558 but even though I can afford those, I would be spending a little bit more than I want. Also, I don't have any fancy amp/soundard to back them up.

Now I'm almost settled for the HD439. From what I've lurked around, there are other good (and/or better) choises out there from other brands in the same price range, but, from what I've checked so far, most of other brands I can't get retail where I live and I don't want to order them from overseas.

The HD439 retail around 60-70 euros around here and since I still have a little bit of budget left, I'm wondering if it's worth it to get a budget soundcard like the sonar DG or DGX (20-30 euros).

I currently have a steelseries usb soundcard.

My question is:Is it worth to get a new soundcard in the likes of the DG or DGX? Will I be able to notice a significant difference with a new soundcard using the HD439?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back