*POSSIBLE SCAM* check your email now!!
May 14, 2006 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

EscaBoi

100+ Head-Fier
I just checked my email (the one i registered on Head-Fi with) and got this email from Ultimate Ears.

>From: "UltimateEars.com" <superfiorder@ultimateears.com>
>To: michael__ly@hotmail.com
>Subject: Purchase Confirmation
>Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 02:36:54 +0700
>
>Thank you for your UltimateEars.com order. This is your email receipt.
>
>
>
>Please contact superfiorders@UltimateEars.com if you have any
>questions.
>Thank you!
>
>Purchase Description
> UltimateEars.com Order
>
>Payment Details
> Order Number: 1147543581
> Subtotal: 1,286.99
> Tax: 0.00
> Total: 1,286.99
>
>
>
>
>
>Thank you!
>
>Order Details
> Visa ############1759
>
> Customer ID:
>
> Bill Address:
> Esca Pattis
> 69 Broadview Ave., HC9
> Toronto, ON M4K 2N8

This is REALLY WEIRD!! because I did not order anything from Ultimate Ears, the last 4 digits on the Visa listed does not match my actual Visa, and lastly, That is not even my Address OR NAME!!
mad.gif

I dont know what the hell is going on but right now i'm trying to call my credit card company to find out...did anyone else get this email from Ultimate Ears?

edit: ok I just tried replying to this email and got

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

superfiorder@ultimateears.com

May 14, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
Email UE?

I just clicked on "Reply" because it seems like UE's email address.

well I finally (after waiting 15minutes) got in touch with my CC company, and they said it seems like nothing to worry about right now.

this is the first time i've ever received something...so i'm sorta paranoid

May 14, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 12
ya I checked that "scammer topic" yesterday. He was the 1st person that came to mind when I saw "Ultimate Ears purchase..."
mad.gif

seems "superfiorder" is not a real address/name since the email didn't go through. I replied with my "other" email address...because I initially thought it really was UE

anyways, guess this is just a false alarm then

May 14, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Man sorry to hear you are going thru this. Hopefully nothing serious will come out of it. If I were you I would keep a record of you notifying it to your credit card, just in case.

Ya I called them up and they said it sounds suspecious but think it's just a "fishing email"

It was fine though, because the purchase was $1289, and my limit is only $500...this is EXACTLY why I refuse to raise my limit, and they initially wanted to raise it to $1000 too. And also because I haven't used my CC in months, so they said it would definately look suspecious on those 2 accounts.

May 15, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #12 of 12
Count me as owned too. I traded my E3c to him for ER4P and I have received nothing. And now I haven't heard from him in days. He first told me that he would send the Etys then he said he was having a problem and wouldn't say why. I assumed by his feedback that he was ok. Then he asked if I wanted Super.fi5pro instead. I didn't and now I haven't heard from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back