Possible problem with Zen Micro, please advise...
May 18, 2005 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

horizon

New Head-Fier
I might have a problem with my Micro. It seems occasionally when I hit the next song / fast forward button, it takes a few seconds before the micro will switch songs. Sometimes it's instant when I hit the button, other times it takes a while, from 5-10 seconds from my experience. Again, this doesn't always happen.

Does anyone have this issue? Could it be the hard drive spinning up? Other than this problem, the unit seems to be working perfectly.

May 18, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Sounds pretty normal. Any player will take a few seconds to start the next song if it hasn't been loaded into the buffer yet. Usually, the next song is in the buffer already, but if you skip a few songs in a row or skip quickly, then it'll take a few seconds for the dap to start playing while it loads the song.

May 19, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 5
I never have to wait for 5-10 seconds. There is a little lag when switching songs, but certainly not that much.

Have you tried a disk cleanup? Insert the battery while holding the power switch to the left. The recovery mode screen will come up. Scroll down and select "disk cleanup."

May 19, 2005 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 5
I know when waiting for a song it can seem like 5-10 seconds but if you actually time it and it is above 5 seconds i think you might have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back