Possible future earphone paths
Oct 4, 2007 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cn11

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I've been happy to find some relatively affordable earphones that provide decent bass response (one of the biggest gripes I had of most earphones- although I've never heard the Shure SE530's- until this year) in the Future Sonics Atrio M5, and now the Denon AH-C700. I am a pretty happy camper.

But the upcoming releases of a few new models may pique my interest.

1. Westone 3
2. Klipsch custom 3 (sounds like almost a clone of the Westone 3)
3. q-JAYS (not sure if these will provide the bass impact I enjoy)

The Westone seems like it will be an amazing product. Good times coming in the IEM world! But for now I am loving the Denons. It will take quite a lot to surpass the build quality of these- one of my favorite aspects of these.

Cheers....

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 3
Hey CN. I am still waffling between the Atrios and the Denons, but I did get Shure orange foamies for the Denons (HeadphoneAddict's recommendation) and I like those sleeves much more than the silicone ones. Also, I think they sound a tad better. But I am still a little wary of the sparkle on the Denons, compared to the Atrios. I do like both, but did not move to the Denons as my go-to IEM/canal phone. Of course, you know I favor the PK1s over both.

Anyway, I'd love to jump in with some of these new models too, but I think I have hit my budget point. Have fun and report back.

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 3
I hear ya. The budget won't allow the future purchases for a while for me either. I'm going to just enjoy the Denons for now. I guess I have a different experience with them because with mine I don't hear any harsh sparkle or sibilance, just smooth detail and nice balance/refinement. The orange foamies look like a good upgrade.... but one reason I love the Denons so much stock is the quick insert aspect. It's perfect for a work earphone when you keep getting interrupted by coworkers coming in to your office. Also as to the different way we hear the Denons, perhaps my Trekstor Vibez gives them a more mellow than the Creative players?

As for the upcoming possible purchases, I will just sit back and watch the reviews come in. The Westone 3 sounds pretty amazing though from Headphoneaddict's impressions.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back