Possible Defect in My MFSL of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Jul 7, 2009 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pale Rider

1000+ Head-Fier
Looking for any other owners of this work. My opening of Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding has a scratching sound at 0:00-0:01 that I suspect is a new found scratch or damage of some sort. It does not appear in my iTunes version or a rip from the non-MFSL disc. If you own this disc, can you confirm this track has a quiet beginning? Thanks.

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking for any other owners of this work. My opening of Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding has a scratching sound at 0:00-0:01 that I suspect is a new found scratch or damage of some sort. It does not appear in my iTunes version or a rip from the non-MFSL disc. If you own this disc, can you confirm this track has a quiet beginning? Thanks.

I have the MFSL version so I'll check
smile_phones.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks soozieq!

Lol. You're welcome
icon10.gif

Okay, I just listened to the converted wma file, and I don't hear a scratch of any sort. It's very quiet until about 0.4 when the wind (?) starts, but when I listened really really closely at a louder volume, I could hear what might be interpreted as a slight scratching noise at the beginning...... but I think it's just the fade in of the wind before it gets louder?

Maybe someone else can chime in
icon10.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol. You're welcome
icon10.gif

Okay, I just listened to the converted wma file, and I don't hear a scratch of any sort. It's very quiet until about 0.4 when the wind (?) starts, but when I listened really really closely at a louder volume, I could hear what might be interpreted as a slight scratching noise at the beginning...... but I think it's just the fade in of the wind before it gets louder?

Maybe someone else can chime in
icon10.gif

I think NK is right. I have a scratch it some defect. Will give it a go with some gentle cleaning.

Thanks for checking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back