Possibility? Upgrading the internal clock on the emu1212m
Apr 25, 2005 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xtreme4099

Headphoneus Supremus
Possibility? Upgrading the internal clock on the emu1212m -- what options do we have of reducing jitter in the emu1212, now there are 2 quartz on the digital card, none that i see on the analog, now i hear that the separate sync word clock card allows you to use external clocking options, now there are a couple companies out that offer clocking solutions tent audio with their XO, and LC audio from Europe with their own XO, Elso Kwak's diy clock, and a couple other solutions. Now, would it be cheaper to mod the card or get the sync card and get a external master clock... feel free to correct me other diyers if im not understanding this....

Apr 25, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 3
those are oscillators, not just quartz and as such they are in a different league than what one can see being used with Envy24 based cards.. these clock should be rather good.. one thing clock do like is a clean supply though, you might try to improve this instead of using another clocks.. of course you can substitute them with any of the aftermarket clocks available, but how are you going to fix them to the card and where else would you take the supply for them? I'd suggest sticking with the existing and trying to clean up their supply..

Apr 25, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 3
diy a dedicated supply for those oscillators... search diyaudio.com for tl431... these should be a good solution. anyway, I´ve used 1117-type regulators - but don´t ask me if that has done an improvement, I´ve done to much mod´s in one slide...
I cannot belief EMU´s terrible spec´s of jitter for theirs cards ??? - Anyone?

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back